22. Consoling Him

Niya's POV

I looked around. The room was filled with darkness. Only moonlight was passing through the window. I gaped as I looked around. Everything was messed up. There were pieces of glass on the floor. My gaze fell on the  mirror which was half broken.

Aryan was sitting down on the floor, his back against the bed, facing the window. There was something in his hand. I could hear his silent cry.

I don't know why, but looking at him like that made something in my heart.

My heart was pounding harder and harder as I go near him. My mind was screaming at me not to go near him, but my heart was not ready to listen to my mind.

Will he shout at me?

Will he hurt me?

Many questions began to dance in my head, making me afraid to go near him.

With a calculated steps, I went towards him.

As I reached near him, I saw he was holding a photo frame and tracing his finger on it.

His tears were shining through the moonlight.

I slowly kneeled beside him and sat on my feet, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Aryan, are you okay?" I asked him softly.

He didn't bulge nor did he look at me. His eyes were just fixed on that photo, and tears were continuously running down his cheeks. It was the same photo that was kept on his table.

Who is she, and why do I feel like I saw her somewhere?

Is she his girlfriend?

If she is his girlfriend, then why is he crying like this while holding her picture?

Maybe she broke up with him.

My mind was creating different questions.

I looked at Aryan. He was looking so broken, which pained me. I don't know why.

"Who is she?" I asked softly, pointing at the smiling photo of a girl.

For unknown reason,  my heart was pounding rapidly.

I was afraid of the answer.

Who is she to him?

He traced his hand on her face and smiled as if he was smiling at that girl in real.

"My Amaira, my Amy," his voice was low, which contained sadness.

Amaira

That name.....

Oh my goodness! She is Amaira.

Oh God, how can I forget her?

But what happened to her, and who is she to Aryan?

"You know she-she was a light in this house. Without her, this house was like a deserted place. Though she was a little talkative, she was very good at heart. She would turn anyone's bad day into a good day." There was a small smile on his face but he eyes was still fixed on that photo. "Looking at her smile, I used to spend my day without any worry. She-she was the only one I had in this world."

"But one day, I-I got the new-news that my Am-Amy had left me forr-forever." His lower lip trembled, and tears started falling from his eyes.

She is dead?

I was shocked.

She is dead.

How?

I felt like somebody had thrown cold water on me.