𝔽𝕠𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕎𝕙𝕠 𝔹𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕕 |ℍ𝕒𝕟𝕞𝕒 𝕊𝕙𝕦𝕦𝕛𝕚

Now playing: Champagne Problems by Taylor Swift

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

"Hey Shuuji! You yelled, waving your hands in front of your loving boyfriend.

He seems much more distant lately, like he's having some kind of trouble.

"Huh? Oh, yes, darling?" he mumbled, looking at you with those hypnotizing eyes of his.

"I was just asking you about your day. How did it go?" you carefully asked him.

He looked at you, admiring how you still care so much for him even though he tried his best at seeing you as less as he can. Today was an exception though. It's your birthday and having no one to celebrate it with, he thought it might be a good idea to go with you.

For the last time.

"Oh, it's all great... Listen (Y/N), I-"

You cut him off by feeding him some cake, not really wanting to hear what he wants to say.

"How do you like it?" you asked him, still keeping the smile you had on.

You weren't gonna let him see how easy it is for him to hurt you like this. No.

He just smiled gently at you, not like his usual cocky ones.

"It's good."

You just grinned at his response, silence enveloping after that.

He kept on contemplating on what to say to you, really wanting to put it off for another day or so. He just wanted to stay by your side but, that's not possible by now.

You just stared at his eyes, wanting to take the first lead to this conversation. You already knew where this was going since, he kept dropping all these hints.

Hints that he's breaking up with you.

You cleared your throat, composing yourself.

Both of you are in a cafe right now, celebrating your birthday as he said so. Clearly, it didn't go as eventful as you wanted it to be. You didn't care though, knowing this is the last time you'll ever be this close to him.

"...Let me guess, you want to end this relationship, right?" you calmly started, looking as emotionless as he first met you.

He stopped eating his cake for a bit, looking at you, shock written all over his features. He didn't know you'd react to it like this.

But since you had pitched it in already, there's no way out of it now. Might as well tell you.

"Yeah." he simply muttered, waving off the fact that you didn't seem to be fazed.

He got nervous about it. About the way you looked like you were going back to your old ways.

Back to the times where mercy didn't exist in your vocabulary.

"Oh. Okay then. Let's just finish this and... And we're off to our respective ways." you muttered, looking at his eyes for a bit before going back to eat your cake.

He hated seeing you like this. But since this is probably the last time the both of you get to hang out with each other, he obliged with a smile.

"If you say so..."

You waved his statement off, eating your snack as slow as possible. You noticed him doing so as well, the atmosphere between you two silent and comforting.

Hanma couldn't believe it was this easy for you to let go of him. He couldn't see your eyes, the only thing letting him know exactly how you feel.

"You know what, I'd also break up with me if I ever get a chance to date myself so, I understand." you casually said, leaning back a bit on the chair.

He wanted to tell you to stop downing yourself, to know how awesome you are but sadly, he couldn't do that right now.

So instead, he played along with you.

"I know."

You chuckled a bit at his response, all the sorrow and pain you felt years ago adding back up again.

"Well, I'm finished." you started, standing up and putting both of your hands in the pockets of your dress.

The dress he wanted to see you in.

"Wait... I..." Hanma sighed, trying hard not to show how hard it was for him to let you go. "I'll pay this time. It's my turn, isn't it?"

He made that cocky smile of his again. The kind that you saw when you both met for the first time.

"Oh, right. I was about to do it but, never mind." you spoke, grabbing your purse.

He looked at you, grateful for being there for him. He couldn't see any emotion in your eyes, once again as cold as it was.

You didn't have much energy to even react at what's happening, instead, you and him both just acted causally. It didn't end well, sure. But there's no other ending.

"Hey, thank you. I'll..." you paused, looking directly in his eyes for the last time. "Take care. Forget me if you want."

He looked surprised at your last statement, but he didn't say anything.

He's never gonna forget you.

And he damn well knows it.

Hanma stared at the busy streets before him, the moon shining brightly above the Tokyo night sky.

'I wonder what she's doing right now.'

He smiled bitterly at himself, having remembered the talk both of you had earlier. He knew he shouldn't have done what he did but, it's for the best.

If it meant you being safe, he'd gladly do anything.