• Chapter Five •

"You know you're gonna have to pay for that mirror, right? To the owner. Eric don't own shit in that house." A mirror probably wouldn't be the end all be all of him living there but still, it was probably best to not fuck the house up.

"You honestly," Hiccup, " shouldn't have left me alone," Hiccup, "I cannot be trusted!" He slurred. How the fuck he gone put the blame on me? I opened my mouth and quickly shut it because I couldn't tell him I was too busy almost sucking off our star fucking football player.

Instead I shouted at him, "Why are you even drunk!? You were supposed to be the DD. Do you know what that means? Designated Driver! And designated driver means you don't get fucked up!"

"Looks like your DD'ing just fine to me..." Hudson just rolled his eyes. It was like talking to a fucking child. His hair was sweaty against his forehead and he was smarting to smell like pennies. He had the never to talk shit over there looking like a wet ass cat.

"I need a new roommate." I mumbled, vindictively. Don't even worry bout it. I swear to God, Imma march right into the the admission office and demand that they give me a new roommate. Does admissions even handle? Forget it, I'll just deal with this asshole.

I saw Hudson lift his hand and make it a puppet. He scrunched his face up and mocked me in a fake deep voice, "I need a new roommate." No, never mind, this was a lot worse than talking to a fucking child, "That's what you sound like in my head, Gavin, just so you know."

My phone dinged on my lap and I picked up to see a text from Eric. I was surprised I wasn't blocked and forgotten about by now.

"Don't tell anyone please" was all it said. Nothing more, nothing less. I locked the phone and threw it back down without a response. I gripped the steering wheel tighter and sped up.

Don't fucking tell anyone. I scoffed. Who would I fucking tell? Hudson? About a fucking kiss? He's too fucking drunk to remember that glass fucking cuts. It feels like I'm in fucking 9th grade all over again, fucking guys that's in the closet. The worst part is we didn't even fuck.

I threw the car in park and stormed into the building, leaving Hudson to his own abilities.

"You're making a habit of fucking leaving me!" He yelled after me. I ignored him. Who the fuck did he think I was? Like I was some random girl pawning after him. I did the only thing I know how to do when I'm completely angry at someone. I pulled out my phone and blocked his number.

I just wanted to sleep off this whole fucking day and never remember this night. And that's what I did.

I woke up with a mean ass hangover at noon and took some ibuprofen and went back to sleep. Only to wake back up at later in the evening because my mom just couldn't leave me the fuck alone sometimes.

"Mom, I'm fine. School is going good so far." I rolled over on my bed, facing the ceiling. My mom was a worrier. Worried about if I was eating, if I was sleeping, was I making friends, the list goes on and on and on.

"But are you eating up there, baby. My co-workers said the college food isn't that good." The co-workers friend would be right. The food was pretty bad, but it was either eat it or starve. And I didn't like ramen so I was really assed out most nights.

I rolled my eyes before reassuring her, "Yes, Ma. I'm eating everyday." We talked a little bit more about my brothers, the weather, and shit, before saying our "I love you"s and goodbyes. I sighed. As much as I loved my mom, she was little over protective. I guess as her youngest, her baby, she had a right. She didn't really treat my two older brothers like this, though. I guess because they chose a "different path" and couldn't be persuaded she opted to put all her faith in me.

My thoughts panned to my older brothers. Raquan and Raheem. Twins. Three years my senior at 22. One in jail, one soon to be in if he didn't fix his shit. Raquan hasn't spoken to me in about three years over my sexuality, while Raheem never cared. That's why he's my favorite and luckily the favorite one wasn't behind bars. Growing up Oakland didn't leave us many options, it was either quick money or struggle miserably until something finally gave.

A quiet room wasn't common. I mean, between my music and his constant sports videos we never had silence. Hudson was out at some random shit so I had the room to myself. I knew college would keep me busy but damn, it was still the first week. I had an essay and a BIO lab due on Wednesday.

My mind flashed to the actions of last night. Me, kissing Eric's chest, almost putting his dick in mouth after just telling him I hoped Drea wanted to fuck me.

"Maybe I just need some fresh air." I mumbled to myself. I rose about of bed and slipped my slides on and made my way out the door.

I found myself walking randomly around the Tillman College campus. I found myself walking toward the cafe. Well, at least what I thought was the cafe but was really the health center. I spun around, confused. All of these building were starting to look the same. I took notice at the time and at 6 p.m., the yard was beginning to empty out, so I looked around for a friendly enough looking face to ask for directions. I focused in on a familiar dreaded ponytail.

"Drea!" I called out, waving my hand so I'll be easily noticeable. She turned around a little puzzled before meeting my face. A bright,  toothy grin spread across her face.  She jogged towards me. She was wearing another sports bra and sweatpants set. It seems running gear was her normal school look.

She pulled me into a tight hug, "You're stalking me now?" She said playfully. I pulled her in just as tight, she smelled of hazelnut again.

I rolled my eyes, "I think you're the one stalking. Everywhere I'm at, you at." I pointed out.

"Boy, you're everywhere I'm at!" she argued back, "I'm a sophomore, okay, this was my school first." I widened my eyes. I assumed she was a freshman like me.

I shook my head in disbelief, "Nah, you too damn little to be a Sophomore." Taking in her small stature. My guess was I was older than her.

She slapped my chest and smirked up at me, "Just because you're a fucking giant, don't mean you can pick on me."

I folded my arms across my chest and bent down to her height, "Who gone stop me?"

"Me, nigg- Ahhhh!" She screamed as I hoisted her up in the air. I gripped her hips tight, swung her around in circle. She wrapped one of her arms around my neck for dear life, damn near choking me. The other one around my head, gripping my hair.

She shook against me, "Gavin, put me down!" She yelled in my ear. I guess I'll listen to her request and I placed her back on the ground.

"Girl, better stop playing with me."

"You proved your point, aight. I hope you ain't call me just to abuse me." She put her hands on her hips.

I laughed and said "Nah, as fun as abusing you is fun. I'm hungry and lost."

She gave me a smug look, that camisole glint coming back to her brown eyes, "You're abusing me and need my help? I better start hearing some begging" She pointed to the ground.

I look at her incredulously and saw all serious and her eyes. This girl is crazy. I looked around to see not a lot of people still around. Well, either either beg or starve.

I dropped on one knee as if I was about to purpose  and took her soft palm into mine. She beamed down at me.

I faked an old English accent, "Andrea. Would you please show a lost, helpless, Freshman to the cafeteria? I'll be forever in your debt." I could here a few snickers from students walking past but I focused my attention on Drea. I could see a slight blush come across her cheeks.

She put on her best Marie Antionette southern drawl , matching my playfulness, and said, "Yes, dear helpless Freshman, it would be my pleasure."  She giggled.