• Chapter Seven •

This food was fucking trash. Not even exaggerating, none of this shit looked good. I eyed the various foods in the gray trays. I glared at what was supposed to be a chicken patty but had an odd grey look to it. I don't know, every time I seen a chicken patty it was brown. I moved on to the fruit and picked up a couple apples. This will do.

The cafeteria was like any other but was actually bigger than I thought it would be. Red tables were scattered around and our schools Jaguar was painted on the wall. Also, one of the walls was just a giant window. I mean, all it did was show the campus but it was still something.

I met Drea at the table and sat across from her. She starred blankly at my apples then up at me, "I know you ain't make me come here so you could eat three apples. That's not food." I looked at what she had. One of the grey chicken patties and some fries and even the fries looked grey.

"I don't want none of that shit." I judged and bit my apple. She just shrugged and bit into her grey chicken sandwich.

She spoke with a mouthful of food, "How you like Tillman so far?" Her cheeks were full and almost chipmunk like.

I bit backs laugh, "It's alright, I guess. I mean, it's still the first week. I went to a party. You know, you where there...Stalking." I winked at her.

She swallowed her food, "Back to that? I ain't never helping your ass again." She rolled her eyes, faking a mad face.

"You don't gotta. I know how to get here now." I reached across and picked up a fry. Instead of eating I threw it at her. It hit her nose and bounced back onto her tray.

"Bet. I'm fucking you up." In a blink she reached over and grabbed me by collar and pulled me forward, almost on to the table. My chest slammed into the side of it.

"Damn, girl, you strong ass shit." I grumbled, grabbing her hands and forcing it off of me. She laughed, you could tell she felt proud of herself.

"Yeah, don't fuck with, Gavin." She flexed her arm muscles. I'll say she definitely did have a little muscle in that bitch. I readjusted my collar and straightened my shirt.

"You sure you run track and don't play fucking football." I joked and blew out a breath.

A smirk grew across her face, "Nah, but I can tackle you."

I rolled my eyes, matching her smirk, "Andrea, don't start something you can't finish." I grabbed the last fry, this time I ate it.

"Who said I can't finish." Her eyes squinted at me devilishly. Yeah, okay, "Don't roll your eyes at me." She reached for my shirt again but I was quick enough to dodge her.

I swatted at her, "Damn, you stay tryna fight. I'm starting to think you got beef for real." I could tell already she was a dangerous one. My face and body was not safe around Drea. My focus shifted to the window. It was getting fake but I could still see a familiar figure walking past. Eric. With a girl. I took a quick glance at Drea to see if she could tell what I was doing. Luckily she was preoccupied with her phone at the moment.

He was carrying to book bags, what a gentleman. I scoffed to myself. His mouth was wide open and he was cheesing really hard. He must've said something funny because she stopped to bend over laughing, hitting his shoulder. He's not that funny. I shook my head and just looked down at my table.

"Closing time, y'all." I heard one of the cafe workers call from the line. I peered around the cafe to see that it was just us two left and the kitchen staff. They were cleaning tables and setting up for the next day.

Drea grabbed her trash and stood up, "Can you walk me back to my dorm," She asked and walked off, not even waiting for an answer. I followed right after her.

The walk was short and we talked about random shit the entire way.

"So, you do music, huh?" Drea asked as we neared her door. We've been switching topic to topic as we walked from the cafe. It wasn't a long walk but we made it longer than necessary.

"I sing." I answered, "Just covers mostly. I haven't gotten to writing anything really original yet, I just don't be knowing what to say, sometimes." I blurted out. That shocked even me.

"Word? I used to write before I left Dallas. Like write stories and stuff but I came here and focused on track," She continued. Dallas? I knew her voice had a hint of country drawl. I looked down at her shocked, I didn't peg her for a writer at all. Her face scrunched up as if she was thinking about something really hard then relaxed.

Suddenly she just stopped walking, "This is me." She spoke, pointing at the door. Her name was written on it, along with Amy. I remembered the White girl from Eric's party. We starred at each other for a few seconds, the other not knowing what to say.

I opened my mouth to speak but Drea jumped in first, "Amy's out so like...Do you want to com-"

"Get the fuck out!" Drea and I both jumped as the door across from us shot open and someone toppled out at our feet. It was the girl from earlier, and the boy at our feet was fucking Eric. In a shirt and Spider-Man boxers, no pants. A book back came flying out next then the door slammed back shut and we could her it lock.

"What the fuck." I heard Drea whisper. What the fuck is right.

"Lisa, I'm sorry okay, damn!" Eric jumped up and banged on the door, "Can I get my fucking pants?" He was met with silence. No pants for him I guess. I didn't even try to hide the amusement on my face as Drea bust out laughing. Eric turned around, eyes wide in shock. His gaze went from me to Drea and back to me, his eyes squinted slightly.

"Her names not Lisa. It's Kayla, dumbass." Drea folded over. She pointed to the door he was just banging on. In pink glitter the names "Kayla" and "Anna" were written on it. The name Lisa nowhere in sight. He looked back and read it. Realization crossed his face and he cussed himself.

"Nice boxer, Spider-Man." I laughed and pointed. His hand went to cover his privates, squeezing it slightly. It was subtle but I got it.

"You would find this funny." He mumbled and rolled his eyes which just made me laugh harder just to get on his nerves. He bent down and picked up his book bag and slung it over his shoulder, "I gotta talk to you."

I rolled my eyes and leaned back against the wall, "About what?" I already knew what. The last thing I wanted to do was talk to that man about that.

His eyes darted fo patiently waiting Andrea and back to me, "Homework," He lied blatantly. I guess he been figured out his number was blocked if he was doing this.

I kissed my teeth, "Nigga, I'm busy, I'll hit you later."

"Yeah, I'm sure." He frowned and flipped me the middle finger before storming off down the hallway. It was hard to take that serious considering his fucking spidey undies.

"That was fucking weird." Drea chuckled, finally turning to unlock her door. I silently agreed.