• Chapter Fourteen •

What Amy really meant by "down the hall "was down the hall around the corner and down another fucking hall apparently. That's what we had to do to get to the fucking freezers. Eric was walking a little too close for comfort. Not that I gave a but our hands kept brushes and I had to fight back the urge to just grab his hand. Oddly enough he hadn't tried to make conversation at all. So why did he even want to tag along?

"I think this it." He said pointing at the door that said freezer. How bright.

"You think?" I opened the door but was met with a smaller room, like a closet. The freezer was actually behind this giant metal door inside, "Stay here, I'll get them." I told him, hoping he'd stay in the hall. He nodded but still followed me into the closet but not the actual freezer. This nigga just don't listen.

I went inside the freezer and instantly regretted it. A gust of cold air just entrapped me. It was fucking freezing. Duh but this was damn near unbearable because my jacket did nothing to help. I could Eric chuckling behind me but I just scanned the shelves for cookie dough. Chicken...Steak...Stringbeans....Ah! I reached for the packs and hurried my ass out of the freezer.

I stopped when Eric was looking back with a panicked expression and he was rubbing his palms together and then back at the closed door. I looked at him confused.

"What, Eric?" I asked. He mumbled something under his breath then went for the door handle and jingled it, "Huh?" I asked a little louder.

Eric fought with the handle a little bit more before turning to me and saying again, "The door is locked."

His words didn't yet register in my head. I blinked at him.

Seconds later, "The door is locked?" I asked stupidly.

"The door is fucking locked. You can't hear the fuck?" He spat out annoyed. I dropped the packs on the janitors cart and shouldered past him to check for myself. Fuck no this door wasn't locked. I grabbed and tried to turn the shit and it was fucking locked. I let out a loud groan as I attempted to twist it a couple more times before facing him, "The door is fucking locked." I told him. Eric sucked his teeth.

He threw his hands in the air in exaggeration, "Nigga, I just told you that shit!" He pointed.

I folded my arms over my chest, "Don't start with me." Fuck. Only my luck would get me locked in a small space with the man I've been trying to avoid. I patted my pockets for my phones and cussed, "Can you text Drea?"

"Why don't you text Drea." He sneered and rolled his eyes before taking a sit on some random milk crates in the corner. I just stared at him incredulously. His eyes were at the floor.

I huff and slid down to the floor, "I fucking would if I had my phone!" I finger combed my hair. I stretched my long legs out across the floor which was annoying close to Eric's feet. I watched him watch the floor for a couple more seconds before I shouted at him. "Are you gone text her or what!?"

"I don't have mine either. I left it in my duffle bag." Fuck my life. I cursed and put my face into my palms, "Why? Is being stuck with me such a bad thing now?" He muttered. My face shot up and I narrowed my eyes at him. Eric met my death glare head on. What the fuck was his problem?

"If you got a problem just say it and stop saying slick shit."

His jaw clenched and unclenched, "I don't have a problem with you." Eric said through his teeth.

I shook my head. The way he was acting right now was too telling, " You're the reason we're even in here. I told you to wait in the hall but you had to follow me for some fucking reason." Out of anger I kicked his foot that was too close to mine.