• Chapter Eighteen •

"I'm so in love with your voice," Faiyaz squeezed my arm tighter and I chuckled, "It's insane."

This was like the sixteenth time he said that since I got off the stage an hour ago.

"You're in love my voice, my clothes, my hair. just say you're in love with me." I teased.

"I take back every nice thing I've ever said about you." He shot back and I laughed. He was so fucking dramatic.

"Did you have fun, though?" I asked. I looked down at him to see him nodding.

"Yeah, I've never been to something like that. We should go again. Maybe next time I'll sing." He shrugged.

"I don't even think you can fucking hum on beat." I said when we stopped in front of his door, but he didn't move to open the door. I've heard his attempts at singing and it sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

At that, Faiyaz dropped my arm completely and moved away from me, "Literally, stop being mean to me."

I smirked and grabbed his arm back, pulling him into my chest. I wrapped both my arms around his neck.

"I apologize, okay?" I said. He mumbled something incoherently, "Sorry, can't hear you. Your fucking face is in my chest." I trapped him tighter and started swaying us side to side.

His arms stayed still at his sides and I finally let him go.

"I said you're not forgiven." Faiyaz said. I watched him as he unlocked the door without glancing back at me. There's no way he was mad for real?

"Fine," I sighed and followed him inside, "How can I make it up to you?"

He took off my jacket and placed on his desk chair. Faiyaz rubbed his chin as if he was really contemplating something deep. He was fighting to keep a serious face, but failed as smirk came onto his face, "Spend the night with me."

"Umm..." I chewed my bottom lip. Now it was his turn to watch me and I could see his confidence falling, "Okay. I just need to run back dorm first."

"Why? If you need clothes just wear mine."

I shook my head, "Nah, I'll be quick."

I was back out the door before he could reply. I closed it gently behind me.

"Fuck." I ran my hands through my hair. I really shouldn't have said yes, but I couldn't say no to him.

I didn't need anything from my dorm at all, but he have to know that. I just needed time to think of what my next moves was going to be.

Faiyaz was definitely gone try something and I don't think I have the control to say no this time. Why did he have to be a fucking virgin. I ran my hands down my face.

Surprisingly, my room was empty when I got there. I guess whatever Hudson was going through, he figured out. Usually he doesn't leave this room unless his work is done. Part of me wanted to text Hudson and asked him where he was, but then I remembered that's he a grown man so.

I changed into basketball shorts and put my hair up in a bun. I grabbed a duffle and threw some sweatpants and tees in there. I scanned my side of the room. I had to come back with something more than just fucking clothes.

"I don't have anything else." I mumbled. I guess I could bring my laptop? Fuck it, yeah. I'll just say I have to work on an essay or something. I grabbed my laptop and my charge and shoved in the bag, making sure to stuff in the between the clothes and not just on top. That shit was expensive.

A couple knocks came to the door and i I just looked at it. It was like almost eleven.

"Hudson stupid ass." That niggas always left his key in the room. I went to open the door and it was Hudson at all. I rolled my eyes as soon as I seen that it was Eric behind the door.

"What?" I asked in the harshest tone I could muster.

Eric wasn't affected, "I just wanted to see you." He speech was a little slurred so that made think he was anything but sober right now. I laughed humorlessly. He had to drink to be able to talk and look at me.

"I actually don't wanna see you and I gotta go so." He eyes went down to my bag and back up at me. I thought he would take the hint and leave, but I forgot I dealing with Eric Harden and he does what he wants.

"Gavin. Can I just come in for like one second."  He pleaded and leaned in really close. I flinched back when the his breath hit my nose. He smelled like straight liquor.

"Are you drunk?" I had to ask as I held my breath for a couple seconds.

He shook his head so hard it caused him to take a step back, "Kinda. Not that much, but that's not what this is." He caught his balance.

"How'd you even get here? Where's your car?"

"I got dropped off and I walked the rest of the way." At least he was smart enough to not drink and drive. I felt my phone vibrate a couple times in my pocket. I knew it was Faiyaz.

"And how are you getting home?"

"I don't know." He shrugged.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "And you thought what? That you could stay here?"

Eric nodded his head, "Kinda. I know Hudson's not here." He stumbled forward and I moved out the way. Eric lifted his shirt over his head and dropped it carelessly on the floor. He fell on my bed, ungraciously might I add, and closed his eyes, "I don't feel good."

"How the fuck did you know that?"

"Because I saw him leave the party with Amy..." He said into his hand. This was weird. Eric has never been in my room before, now here he is drunk and shirtless because he just wanted to see me?  How did he know which bed was even mine.

"Huh? I saw that coming," Those two flirted all the time and it was pretty disgusting to see, "Look, you can stay here and sleep off whatever you got going on, but I won't be here. I got somewhere to be."

"Can you just like, lay down with me, please."

"You're lucky I'm letting you fucking sleep this off and you played me, the fuck."

"I didn't play you." He groaned as he sat up. He leaned his back against the wall. I don't think he could even sit up on his own without support, "I just needed time to think."

"You can think all you want. I'm out." Honestly. Anything he had to say I really didn't want to fucking here. Two weeks is a long ass time to think about some shit that he started int the first place. I had such a good night, and I was gone keep it good.

"Gavin. Wait!" He yelled, but I was already locking the door behind me.

I pulled out my phone and replied to Faiyaz's texts. He's going to ask what took me so long and I don't know if I should tell him the truth or not. Really it's not his business, but I didn't wanna come off like I was playing him like Eric played me.

I walked into Faiyaz's room without knocking to see him sprawled out, face down, on his bed. I dropped my bag where I stood and slid in beside him and I dropped my arm over his waist. He smelled like soap and his hair was damp.

"What took you so long?" He asked, without opening his eyes to face me. His face looked so relaxed.

"My friend was drunk and couldn't get home so I left him sleep in my room."

His eyes finally opened, "What friend was this?"

"Eric. We got Bio with him."

"Yeah, I know him." He said, "I thought y'all wasn't friends anymore." I don't think we were ever friends. I didn't tell him that, though.

"I thought the same thing."