• Chapter Thirty-Nine •

I changed my song choice last minute. So when Andy begrudgingly agreed for the switch up I was grateful.

I realized early on in my life that I could sing better than I could talk and walking onto the stage, I was filled with a different kind of nervousness than the first time. And no, not because it was a full house. Nor was it because Hudson right in front making funny faces at me, (I guess he was still sick from earlier) but from the words I was about to sing.

The light went down, the instrumental started, and the lyrics came out easier than any words I could've came up with just hours ago.

"With every passing moment thoughts of you run through my head.
Every time that I'm near you I realize that you're heaven sent, baby.
I think you're truly something special.
Just what my dreams are really made of.
Let's stay together you and me, boy, There's no one like you around.
Oh, baby
I really like what you've done to me.
I can't really explain it, I'm so into you..."

I couldn't say it was love, yet, but we'll figure that shit out later. Faiyaz probably had never heard this song in his life, but he understood the lyrics. I could tell by his eyes and by the way he was leaning in close. He was getting everything I couldn't say without a mic in my hand.

When I finished the applause came almost immediately. Andy came up to usher me off the stage and Fai stood when I got to the table, pulling me into a hug, wrapping his arms around my neck.

"You did so good, baby." He whispered into my ear then kissed my cheek. We sat down and Hudson had a frown on his face.

"Something you wanna say, Roomie?" I asked him. He shook his head, turning his nose up, "Not gonna tell me I did good?" I smirked.

Amy butted in, "You did so good, Gavin!" She leaned into Hudson, "He thinks so, too, he just won't say it." She smiled wide at me and I thanked her.

"Because he's a hater." He could hold his grudge for as long as he wanted, everyone know I did good. And he showed up and without Drea, so that's all that matters.

Hudson scoffed, "You were alright!" He waved me off.

"He was amazing."

"Thank, Bae." I threw my arm over the back of his chair. I leaned down and kissed the corner of his mouth causing a gagging noise to come from Hudson. Amy smacked his chest.

He coughed, "Oh Please! You have to say that as the boyfriend. It's your job to say he did good even when he was bad."

"Nuh uh." Fai argued back, "I wouldn't say that if it wasn't true." Hudson rolled his eyes. He didn't believe that at all. Sitting up straighter in his seats, Fai turned to Amy, "Do you do that, Amy?"

Amy shook her head with a giggle.

"See!" Fai smirked.

Hudson's jaw dropped and he pointed his thumb towards Amy, "Don't believe anything she says. She's a liar."

Fai choked on his drink. No way he just called his girl out like that. He brave as fuck.

Amy gasped, "Oh, I am not!"

"So when we were in the backseat of—" His next words were muffled by her hand.