Moving

I pat Momo on her head as she is crying in my embrace.

Two weeks, that's all the time that it took for my boss to contact the asylum, get a place for me and help me move my stuff out off the apartment.

Right now I am standing infront of the hospital, I have two bags with my necessary items and the rest is going to stay with Momo for now. She promised me that she would look after it since I sold the apartment, when I'm done with working at the asylum I can first move in with Momo before returning to a self bought apartment later in time.

As I separated myself from my friend, I looked at my boss and two of my patients. A eleven-year old german shepherd (Jinya) and a seventeen-year old Fox hybrid (Mingu) , both of them were in my care for a long time so they came to say their goodbye's. I hugged Mingu and patted his head softly, Mingu had gotten a medical condition that was very rare about a year ago. The hospital admitted him to me, at first he was very shy but later he came around and told me stories and jokes between checkups and other stuff. I saw him as a very good friend.

''Thank you for helping me Noona, promise that you will come back one day?'' He looked at me with expecting eyes, a lot of hybrids avoided him because of his medical condition so he did not have many friends.

''Of course I'll come back one day, don't worry I'm thinking about writing to the hospital to make sure that I am okay. You won't get rid of me that easily.''

Next I turn to Jinya and he rushes towards me, I almost fell over because of his weight but manage to catch myself. Jinya pushes his head against my stomach as he is not much taller than that and begins to cry.

''Hey, hey, don't cry. I'll be back soon and I'll write to you. I promise.''

Jinya got atmitted to the hospital a few weeks ago because of a bad fever, his body isn't fully working so he gets really sick because of a fever. He had to stay in isolation sometimes because he could risk getting infected, right now he is feeling a lot better but there are still risks so he had to get back inside soon.

I gave him one last pat and slowly let go of him, I looked at Momo one last time and saw her trying not to panic. I gave her a reassuring hug and turned to the cab that was waiting for me, I got in and the driver drove off.

Looking back I saw my friends slowly getting smaller until we turned a corner and they vanished out of sight. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

As we drove out of the city the landscape started changing.

Taking out my headphones I looked up one of my favorite songs and started listening while the car quietly drove on and on. 

The whole time the driver was very quiet, I figured that he wasn't a very talkative person so I didn't try to start a conversation. 

The car suddenly made a right turn and y/n almost bumped her head against the window. The car went down a narrow and bumpy road, until the driver suddenly stopped.

''ma'am I can't drive any further as I might damage my car, would you mind to walk the last five minutes?'' the driver seemed anxious, he wanted to get out of this place.

''uhh...sure, It probably isn't good for the car to continue.'' 

The driver nodded and got out, he opened the trunk and pulled out both of y/n her suitcases. Meanwhile y/n also got out.

''Well I want to thank you for your service, here is your payment.'' y/n handed the man the required amount of money, he quickly grabbed it, hopped in the car and drove off.