Required Reading

"Yana! Over here!" Hajime called her over.

"Vice-captain Iwaizumi is calling your name?! Like, The Iwaizumi?! Did I miss something here?!" Runi gasped. "Where are my juicy details?"

Yana laughed and shook her head. "Nah, Hajime is my cousin."

Rini pouted disappointed, then turned to Aiko. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"You never asked." He shrugged. "Must have slipped my mind."

Yana sighed at her new friend's antics. "Anyway, I got to go now. Bye!" Yana gave them a quick wave before she ran over to meet her cousin. "Woah. You ok there?"

Hajime radiated annoyance. His eyebrows were furrowed together and his uniform a little more disheveled than in the morning. "Shittykawa's fangirls were all over him today and he used that as an excuse to be late to morning practice." He huffed as the pair began to walk, presumably to the gym. "And don't even get me started. Trashykawa just got dumped, he should at least act like it. If not for his sake, then the girl's. But instead he asks me to evaluate his pick up line – in the middle of practice might I add" Hajime poorly tried to imitate his friend's voice "Hey are you a volleyball? Because I'd dive for you anytime. Tch. How am I best friends with this guy?" He sighed and composed himself. "Sorry. I just really needed to rant."

Yana chuckled a little. "It sounds like you are great friends." It wasn't long before they reached the gym. "I'll tell you about my friends after your practice." Yana split off from Hajime, while he went to change and get on the court, she found her way to the upper viewing area and away from the squealing fangirls. She wasn't sure what sport the club revolved around since the members were still setting up. But whatever it was, she was guaranteed to have a good view from the second floor.

"Iwa-chan~!" A lively voice called out. "Did you miss me?"

Yana looked down to see who that voice belonged to. She couldn't quite make out his features, but from what she could infer, the other person must be the 'Trashykawa' that Hajime complained about. Yana looked away from the pair now uninterested in the conversation she couldn't hear. Some students pulled out a large net. Yana tensed. Seriously? She scoffed internally, barely able to hide her disbelief. Another pair of students rolled out a cart filled with balls. Volleyballs. "You've got to be shitting me." She mumbled. She had said she wanted nothing to do with the sport anymore yet here she was. Her cousin was the vice-captain of the boys' volleyball team.

Yana heard a barrage of pings from her phone.

Kuroo: How was your first day?

Kuroo: could it be you've forgotten us already?

Kuroo: my heart.

Kenma: S T O P

Kenma: you know that's not going to happen.

Yana: Yeah. Kenma is right about that.

Yana: How dramatic.

Kuroo: I pride myself in that skill. I should be an actor

Kenma: I suggest a career change. You wouldn't be very good.

Yana: OOF, Kenma pulling out the facts

Kuroo: How could you take his side?! I let you borrow my hoodie!