Blocking 101

If the last day of the camp was the most enjoyable then the hardest day of camp was the second day. Yana didn't really believe the rumors till the coaches had woken them all up at four in the morning to do some group running. It wouldn't have been too bad if it was just the team, but Yana had to endure the run with them. It was only the start of the second day, and she hated it. The silver lining on the rain cloud of suffering was that there was supposedly breakfast waiting for them. That was enough to lift Yana's spirits, until she heard it was a continental breakfast. She only hoped a kind soul had added bacon to the options. Scrambled eggs would be pretty nice too, but let's not get too greedy.

-----AT BREAKFAST-----

Per instruction the students had freshened up before breakfast and changed right into their tracksuits. Yana being the only girl got a room and shower to herself, which she had to admit, was way better than the communal showers and room the boys shared.

The dining area was themed like a winter lodge. The large windows framed the view of the trees and the deep mahogany wooden panels on the walls made for a nice contrast to the light coming in from the windows. In the center of the room was a single large table that took up most of the area. It reminded her of a picnic table. But, inside instead of outside. Upon closer inspection she found that the table was varnished and had curly silver designs etched into the legs.

Yana took a seat beside Hajime. "Juice, water, coffee or tea?"

Hajime nodded, and once his mouth was empty, he spoke. "Orange juice please." No sooner after he had finished speaking, he shoveled another spoonful of food in his mouth.

"Hi, Hi Iwa-chan!" Oikawa placed his food on the empty space beside him and sat. Despite the run, Oikawa was still as energetic as ever.

Hajime sighed. Oikawa was usually not a morning person but since this was a training camp for volleyball, he would probably have way too much enthusiasm than strictly necessary. The only thing that kept Hajime going was the knowledge that by the end of the camp Oikawa would be out like a light for the next few days. No more texts at two in the morning for a while.

"Oikawa. That was my seat." Yana deadpanned. Before Oikawa could say anything, she shook her head. "You don't have to move. You can sit there." She smirked as she handed Hajime his drink and placed her own down by her plate. "Because I am benevolent and kind."

Hajime almost spat out his drink.

"I totally am!" She protested.

"Iwa-chan doesn't seem to agree."

Yana pouted and held out her hand. "Since I'm not benevolent and kind then I would like that glass of orange juice back."

Hajime scoffed. "No take backs. Now eat, both of you."

It wasn't long after the trio had started eating that Oikawa made a fuss. "Kyaa! I'm being sandwiched by two Iwaizumis'" He squealed in his best fangirl voice. Yana almost choked; Hajime coughed. The rest of the team looked over at Oikawa. They wanted to play along too.

Yahaba went first "O-M-G! You are so lucky!"

"Talk about a spicy sandwich." Matsukawa cooed playfully.

Sawauchi pouted "I'm so jealous."

"Me too, me too!" Shido giggled in an overly girly voice.

"They could both spike me in the face with a volleyball and I'd still thank them." Hanamaki sighed dreamily.

"I can make that happen if you want" Hajime threatened, "We have practice after breakfast."

- ----IN THE GYM-----