Hit it...

Nishinoya analyzed the serve as it came hurtling in his direction. A drive? No, it has a spin. Jump topspin to the right. Nishinoya repositioned himself before the ball's arrival then once he felt the sting on his forearms, he brought the ball up and kept it in play. "Nishinoya, Nice receive!"

"How was that 'showing how it's done'. The Libero got it with a normal receive!" Hajime shouted to his friend, not once taking his eyes off the ball.

"Whoopsie. He really is something though, that Libero."

The ball made a clean arc to Karasuno's Setter. Kageyama turned his head briefly to face Asahi on the right before immediately turning his eyes back to the ball.

Kindaichi noticed his moments and looked towards where Kageyama glanced over too. Unlike Tsukishima in the Nekoma match, Kindaichi didn't run to the right. However, simply looking to the side slowed his reaction time down enough that the freak quick managed to shoot straight overhead without Kindaichi even jumping in attempts to stop the ball.

-----

Yana made a mental note to tell Kenma and Kuroo about Kageyama's recent development. Though Kenma wouldn't show it, he would be a little flattered that 'Kageyama the genius Setter' used one of his tricks and made it into his own. Imitation is the highest form of flattery after all.

"Being able to still do a pinpoint toss after taking his eyes off the ball for a moment, really is some amazing skill. What a superhuman toss." Coach Irihata voiced everyone's collective thoughts. There was no denying that Kageyama was a talented setter.

Being only a few meters apart, Yana was able to hear the conversation between Karasuno's Coach and their Teacher Advisor. At one-point Yana would need to learn his name. She couldn't just keep calling him Teacher Advisor.

"Oikawa's serve is truly frightening" The advisor shuddered at the mere memory.

Coach Ukai nodded. "Being able to successfully keep tight control on the power of his initial serve and make it spin, is especially impressive for a high schooler."

"It's a shame he ended up hitting it to Nishinoya by mistake."

"No. I think he was aiming for Nishinoya. Oikawa's train of thought was probably, 'If the Libero couldn't keep it in play, that alone would be a real blow to the mindset of the Karasuno team.' Coach Ukai laughed and relaxed his posture. "Except, our Libero's got a good head on his shoulders. But now, Oikawa won't be targeting Nishinoya with his serves anymore."

Yana agreed internally with both statements. Oikawa was the type of person to do something like that. Luckily for Karasuno, Nishinoya had accomplished to save the entire game and not just that one point.

-------

Kindaichi mumbled an apology to Oikawa. "Sorry, I just keep getting fooled by them."

Oikawa shrugged. "Give me just a little longer and I'll have a clue on how to catch that quick attack. It won't be long now." Oikawa smiled, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "That aside, you must be frustrated, having your place as 'Kageyama's partner' stolen away but the little orange shrimp."

"No, not really" Kindaichi responded without hesitation. He had no attachments as 'Kageyama's partner', rather he was actually quite happy they weren't on the same team anymore.

"Back in junior high he probably thought of you as a particularly useless 'servant'. The Egotistical King has no need for someone who can't hit his tosses after all." Oikawa shrugged.

Kindaichi glared at the back of Oikawa's head. He wasn't sure what Oikawa was getting at, but Kindaichi hoped that he would just get to the point without insulting him any further.