Pink Lip-gloss

"You mean that powerhouse school that won nationals three years in a row?"

Yana stiffened; she clenched her hands into fists while she answered his question. "The Girls' Volleyball Team and the Boys' Volleyball Team are at vastly different levels. The boys went to nationals but were knocked out of the running by the second game. Since then, the Coach treated them like an afterthought and only focused on the girls' club. The Girls' Volleyball Club won all three nationals."

At first the team wondered why Yana knew insider information on the Shōsha Academy teams. That was before Hajime put two and two together. "That's your old school from when you lived in Tokyo, right?"

Yana kept her expression as pleasant as she could muster and feigned excitement," Yep! I know some people from that club too. Usually they have matches against Nekoma though. Both schools are practically next to each other so it's the most convenient. Since I moved here, I'm not sure who the Captain is though."

Despite how perfect Yana's façade was, Oikawa was the only person who saw through it. Yana was definitely not looking forward to the practice match and she certainly wasn't looking forward to meeting the teams. "Why does the captain matter?" Oikawa furrowed his eyebrows confused. Usually team captains had no real role when it came to making bigger decisions, like the aforementioned practice match.

"The Coach allows the Captain of the boys' team to choose which school they want to go against in practice matches - within reason of course."

Coach Irihata finally got his answer. It was only mere speculation but there was a high chance that he was right. Shōsha Academy might want to scope out the school that Yana was attending. It wasn't every day a star player would move out into the country and fall off the grid. "The match will be held the day after tomorrow. Prepare well."

The coach dismissed the team. Before everyone scattered to do whatever they had planned to do, Oikawa spoke up. "Let's show this Tokyo school that they aren't such a big deal."

The rest of the grinned, now pumped up. "Yeah!"

---------

"Yana!"

Yana turned around to the familiar sound of Rini's voice. "Oh, hey!" It seems this time Rini went for a more relaxed style, for a while she had been trying to go for the cutesy look. Yana assumed that Rini had read some sort of article about 'changing your style' and wanted to try it out. It wouldn't be the strangest thing Rini tried in her attempts to seduce Aiko.

Rini caught up with Yana and whispered to her. "Have you seen Aiko?"

Yana gestured to the classroom, "He is just talking about something with the teacher, he should be out soon."

Rini glanced around looking suspicious before she whispered in Yana's left ear. "How are things with you and Oikawa?"

Yana almost choked. "Nothing is happening Rini. It's just the project."

Rini raised an eyebrow and gave Yana the face. "You are both in the same club, the same class and are working on the project together. You are living out a fangirl's fantasy!" Rini huffed "There has to be something that happened! Give me the juicy details."

"Nope. Nothing." Honestly Yana wasn't about to tell Rini about the date and especially not about the night in the park. She liked Rini, she really did. But sometimes, without realizing it, Rini was a bit loose lipped. Some stories were better left unsaid.

"Rini, Yana. Sorry for the delay. I'm good to go now."

"No problem."

Rini blushed when she saw Aiko, he was rocking a spectacular behead. Rini wasn't sure what to say. She wanted to gush and fangirl over him but that would be too weird. But oh, his hair looks so fluffy. He just looks so cute. I can't even imagine how sexy it would be to see his face in the morning right next to mine. Just cuddling and maybe watching a movie together. Rini sighed wistfully.