I Want...

As soon as Oikawa arrived home, he immediately got ready for bed. He was planning on sleeping but he found himself falling down the YouTube spiral for hours. Oikawa had heard an unexpected knock on the door. He looked at the clock then removed his headphones. It's ten in the evening, why on earth would someone be knocking at this time? Oikawa shrugged away the sound thinking it was all just his imagination, it wouldn't be the first time he started hearing things out of exhaustion. He settled back down at his desk to continue with the project, last time he had opened the document the project was at least three quarters of the way finished. He honestly was not motivated to work on it at all.

Oikawa twirled his pen in his hand as he replayed the events of the day. The team had barely scraped out a win during the practice match but if they wanted to go to nationals they had to improve more. Shameful as it was, Oikawa himself had contributed to quite a few of the missed points. Their opponents would only get stronger so Aoba Johsai would need to rise to the challenge if they wanted to even have a chance at winning.

Oikawa heard another knock on the door, this time louder than the last. At this point he couldn't really write it off as nothing. The most unsettling problem was that Oikawa had no idea who would be at the door at this time. Hajime wouldn't come this late without texting him beforehand and it couldn't be his parents, they were out of town for the week and even if they did come back early, they had their own keys with them. He quietly crept downstairs being careful not to make any sound. Oikawa opened the door just a crack to see who it was. "Yana?" Oikawa was speechless as he opened the door fully and let in the cold air of the night. He shivered from the sudden change in temperature. Oikawa didn't bother switching on the hallway lights but instead just turned on the dim lighting of the nearby lamp. Out of everyone he expected to visit, Yana was the last person he suspected, especially since she had been curt with him since the argument.

"Hey." Yana stood awkwardly at the doorway fiddling with her fingers. She was wearing an oversized grey t-shirt and hot pink shorts. It was a look that's for sure, though it definitely wasn't something she should be wearing out at night in the cold - for more than one reason.

Did she walk all the way here? Oikawa noticed that Yana wasn't wearing a jacket and quickly let her inside the house. "It's cold out, come on in." Oikawa couldn't exactly leave her outside to freeze. He was a gentleman after all.

"Thank you." Yana eagerly walked in to take shelter from the wind. She rubbed her arms to warm up as much as she could.

"So, what are you doing here?" Oikawa flipped through everything that had happened in the past few days and decided it couldn't have been anything that had to do with the project or any form of schoolwork. He had definitely been keeping up on those.

Yana took a moment to collect her thoughts before speaking. "I want Aoba Johsai to win."

Awkward silence filled the hallway. "U-Uh y-eah?" Oikawa wasn't really sure what to say to her demand. Did she come all the way here just to tell me this? It's not like I didn't know this already. The pair didn't move from the entrance way, so there was a slight chill coming from the door, but nothing too major.

"I want our team to win against Karasuno. I want our team to win against Shiratorizawa. I want to go to nationals with everyone." Yana furrowed her eyebrows while she tried to pluck up more courage to continue. "I want Matsukawa to hang up his jacket properly because it keeps falling off the hanger. I want Kyoutani to stop growling like a feral animal because that is not ok. I want Kunimi to stop yawning in practice because it makes me tired."

Yana ignored Oikawa's stupefied look and proceeded with her rant. "I want Kindaichi to not be too gullible because he keeps falling for pranks. I want Watari to continue evolving as a player because he is progressing well. I want Yahaba to stop trying to show off because it isn't working. I want Hanamaki to tie his laces tighter because he almost tripped on them once. I want Hajime to stop throwing balls at you during clean up because it's a pain to collect them again. I want to be part of the team because I love spending time with everyone."

Yana took a step closer till Oikawa's back was against the door. "I want you to trim your goddamn hair because it's starting to get in your eyes. I want to have that stupid hanger with your face on it because it's hilarious. I want you to stop wandering off somewhere. I want you to stop making Hajime so angry. I want you to stop making extremely last-minute plans. I want you to stop sending me selfies at four in the morning and I want you to stop being an idiot sometimes."

Yana pouted and moved closer till she was less than a forearm's length away. "I want you to take care of yourself. I want you to realize your own worth. I want you to stop with your unhealthy habits. I want you to be kind to yourself. I want you achieve all your dreams."

Yana's gaze softened. "I want to be of more help. I want to be more willing to listen. I want to be more willing to forgive. I want to get over my own insecurities. I want to be a better friend. I want to be a better teammate. I want to be a better person. I want to be a better g-girlfriend..." Yana stuttered over the last word making her blush bright pink. She had a suspicion that she would trip over her words at one point, but she really hoped it wouldn't be that line. "I-I want t-"

Oikawa didn't let her finish her last demand and ended her rant with an impulsive kiss. First kisses were supposed to be magical and time stopping. They were always described as tender, sweet and gentle. In books it was always a defining moment in a relationship. Yana had always imagined her first kiss to be something like that, but this kiss was anything but typical.

Yana barely had a moment to react before Oikawa gripped her waist and pulled her close against his chest. He moved one of his hands down and ran his fingers through her long, dark chocolate hair to add more pressure to their lips, deepening the kiss. Sparks few in every direction and the world felt like it was slowly disappearing around them. It wasn't a chaste kiss, but it was instead open-mouthed and almost demanding.

Yana moved her lips in perfect sync, her arms loosely around his neck. They fit together like two puzzle pieces. Oikawa's kiss was not the same as those in movies or books, but one steeped in a desperate passion. It didn't hold dreams but instead held the promise of the here and now. Yana's eyes fluttered shut. The taste of mint intensified as their tongues interlocked, as if there wasn't enough time in the world to convey all their emotions. It was nothing like the first kiss she had imagined, this kiss was nothing so innocent.

After what seemed like an eternity they broke away for air. Oikawa and Yana rested their foreheads against each other and gathered much needed oxygen. A gentle flush of pink had arisen on both their cheeks which elicited a coy smile from his lips.

His voice was a small murmur that tickled her ear, "That's a lot of demands and I'm not sure I can make that all happen right now, but I'll do my best." He placed a feather light kiss on Yana's forehead then her nose. "My only demand is that I want to hunt aliens with you again."

Yana attempted to hide her face behind her slender fingers; her cheeks rivaled the soft hue of champagne pink. Her head had gone hazy from the kiss alone, it was a miracle she didn't fall to her knees right then and there. Her voice was quieter now and wobbled as she spoke. "I-I think that can be arranged."