Unknown Variable

Aoba Johsai had won the first match against Dateko, it took a little longer than they would have liked but a win is a win. Their second match was against Karasuno and the tension was high.

"Whaa~ the atmosphere around Karasuno is different." Oikawa went to pick up a stray ball. Both teams were in the middle of warming up. "Well, well, well, if it isn't Tobio-chan who suffered a crushing defeat by my hands last time." Oikawa was trying to pull the ball back from Kageyama, still not letting his smile drop despite the effort he was putting in.

"We are here to win this time" Kageyama refused to release the ball and kept pulling with more vigor.

Oikawa smirked and let go of the ball causing Kageyama to fall back, ball still in hand. "You were completely and utterly trampled last time!" Oikawa scoffed "And just like last time, you'll have to step out of our way, Tobio-chan!" He laughed, proud of the stunt he just pulled.

Yana groaned and rubbed her forehead. "Tooru is supposed to be a third year." She turned to Hanamaki, "He is a third year."

Hanamaki nodded. "Yeah, he is a third year."

The pair let out a disappointed sigh. In the corner of Yana's eye, she watched as Yahaba bounced a ball towards the blonde girl from Karasuno. Yana groaned at Yahaba's antics. Couldn't he have just gone to talk to her normally?

Yana pulled Oikawa back on their side of the court by the shirt. "Use that energy to warm up."

"Yes, Konpeito-chan~!" Oikawa gave her a quick peck on the lips followed by a roguish grin. "For good luck."

Yana was caught off-guard from the kiss and the tips of Yana's ears burned bright red. "I-I wasn't ready for that" she whimpered.

The referee blew the whistle to indicate the start of the lineup and pre-match huddle. Yana and Oikawa quickly stood by the bench. Once Yana finally had her blush under control, she began her speech. "I know I don't have to tell you guys, but Karasuno is a formidable opponent. Since their defeat I can assure you they have all been working just as hard as we have." Yana twirled her pen around her finger anxiously. She had shared the research she had on the Karasuno members but there was always a little nagging fear. Have I we done enough?

Oikawa put his hands on his hips and looked at his teammates surrounding him. "Exactly. If we let our guard down, they'll eat us alive. Let's go out there and start things off with a sizeable lead." He pulled the team into a tight huddle.

Yana grinned and matched each and every member's look of determination. Yeah, we have given it our all. She cleared her throat and yelled as loud as she could. "Seijoh! Rule the court!"

The team responded even louder, "YEAHHHHH!"

They broke the huddle and began to assemble on court. "Alrighty! I'll b-"

"We're counting on you, captain." The team said in unison.

The Head Coach and Oikawa turned around surprised by the turn of events. Every member had full faith in their captain. "That's kind of embarrassing but I'm really touc-"

Hajime pat Oikawa's shoulder. "We're counting on your serves at the beginning. If you screw it up, you're treating us to ramen."

"Ohh! Takoyaki too please!" Yana chirped as she hopped into the request train.

Hanamaki was next, "I'll take a large serving of chashu in mine.

"I'll have a side of Gyoza with mine." Matsukawa added.

Yana laughed internally as she watched the other members ask for their own orders. Once the team took their positions every other sound seemed to cease. Yana crossed her fingers behind her back. WE can do this.