Skyball

"Nice Makki" Oikawa easily received the ball from Hanamaki, it was a nice clean arc which made it perfect to set up to Kindaichi.

Iseri smirked and ran over to block Kindaichi, it was obvious that Oikawa chose him this time round.

Oikawa started a jump set but just before he released, Oikawa tipped his hand and executed a setter dump. Throughout the game Oikawa had noticed that Shōsha's team was seriously lacking in defensive skills. Of course, that wasn't the case with all the members, but once you pass the Middle Blockers the chance of the other players keeping the ball in play is almost nonexistent. "Ya~hoo! Mr. Middle Blocker! The ball is over here" Oikawa gave his signature playful smile and a wave. It was match point for Aoba Johsai.

Coach Omori put his hands together in a 'T'. He needed to stop Aoba Johsai's momentum. They had scored five consecutive points and that was unacceptable.

"Shōsha Academy, timeout"

Iseri practically growled as he stared Oikawa down with the promise of violence. How dare this little shit mock me. Iseri stomped back to the team bench for the timeout.

---------

Yana looked at the teams then at the whiteboard she was holding. Yana moved around the teal magnets to change the order of the numbers. "Hnm." She looked up at their team. "Oikawa."

"Yes Yana-chan?" He chirped cheerfully.

"On a scale of one to ten, how willing are you to stay at the net with Iseri?"

"What kind of question is that? Of course it'll be one hundred."

Yana nodded as she once more shuffled the magnets. "I'm thinking we do this from now on."

The team and Head Coach examined the board as she explained her idea. I want Iseri to be on the receiving end of Oikawa's serves. From what I've noticed, his receiving skills haven't improved since we were first years. And knowing Coach Omori, he probably ignored that fact and instead had Iseri practice blocks."

There was a brief silence. "You can be really mean at times you know that?"

"What, why?! Not at all." She gaped. "I'm just saying that since Oikawa is by far our strongest server and Iseri is arguably one of their weaker receivers, it works out. I just needed to make sure Oikawa was ok with being next to Iseri while at the net. He can be quite mentally taxing at times."

"Aw, you do care." Oikawa smirked yet his eyes held only the flicker of humor.

"Why, yes I do." She deadpanned without the slightest hint of hesitation or a faint trace of a lie. Throughout the match the suffocating pressure didn't let up. At this point Yana was sure that even the Shōsha team felt it.

That single sentence threw Oikawa through a loop. He expected her to roll her eyes or maybe even deny it, but definitely not reply to it so earnestly. There were few people in the world who could have him temporarily speechless and Yana just so happened to be one of them. Oikawa clicked his tongue internally as he glanced at Iseri from afar. How could he do something so cruel? And to Yana of all people. If it were me. I'd never do that or even let anyone have the chance to do something as disgusting as that. Oikawa looked back towards his team, the determination to win now higher than ever.

---------

Coach Omori pinched the bridge of his nose. "We are two points behind, and they have scored five consecutive hits." He glared at his team. They may not be as good as the girls' team but that didn't mean they could just play like trash whenever they felt like it. They were representing Shōsha Academy. No way in hell were they losing to some unknown country school. "You are all slacking. I allowed you to have this match because you said you would be able to beat them no problem. Now look, you are embarrassing the school, you are embarrassing yourselves and you are embarrassing me."