Fangirls

"No."

"What? Whyyy? Yana-chaaaannn it's an awesome idea!" Oikawa pouted.

"Our grade is riding on this project and that's what you want to do?" She put her face in her hands and cried internally. What is this guy even thinking? Is he even thinking?

"Come on, give it a shot. We can ask the teacher and see what he thinks! If he says no, then we can just go with whatever idea you want. Sound good?"

Yana had to give it to him on that. That did sound like a pretty good plan. She dragged her hand down her face and sighed. "Fine. We can do that."

--------

"That sounds like an interesting idea. If that's what you want to do, I'll allow it. It'll be an interesting project regardless of the outcome."

Oikawa was ecstatic, while Yana was not. Yana's jaw dropped. Their teacher actually agreed to Oikawa's outrageous suggestion. Once the pair sat back down at their shared table Oikawa snickered. In his arrogant triumph, he smirked- just a small pout of his lips; tilted head and curled lip. It was so subtle but somehow it was even more infuriating. "Looks like we are going with my idea." He held her hands in his own to keep them on the table. "Aren't you just honored?"

The class was dismissed for lunch just after his statement. The pair didn't register the change until a small group of girls from a different class came over to their table. "U-um Oikawa...I-I'm a first year here and I was wondering if Icouldhaveapicturewithyouplease!" The last few words were jumbled together; it was a miracle Oikawa was able to decipher it at all.

"Oh, a fan of mine?" He let go of Yana's hands and slipped into an easygoing smile. "I'd love to take a picture with someone as cute as you."

"Really?!"

"You bet. Just one though. I do need to have lunch after all" He laughed airily. He stood up to go with the first year but just before that he turned to Yana. Or at least where Yana was supposed to be. In her place was a post-it note with ten numbers hastily scribbled on it. There weren't any words to go along with it, but if he was right with his guesses -which he usually was, contrary to popular belief- Yana had left her phone number and escaped somewhere to have lunch.

-----

"Aiko! Look look! Do you notice anything different?" Rini ran up to Aiko and Yana but only addressed one of the two.

Aiko froze. It was one of the few questions where getting the correct answer was imperative. He quickly scanned over Rini, his grey eyes trying to find out where the difference was. A few seconds passed; he needed an answer soon otherwise it would get awkward. "Uh, you have cute socks?"

Rini deflated. "Ah, thanks. But uh, it was actually my hair. I braided it this time, now that it's long enough to tie up."

"O-oh! That's cute too" Aiko tried for a save and failed. So much for not making it awkward.

Yana's heart went out to Rini, the poor girl was just trying her best.

Rini bounced back as quickly as she went down and greeted Yana. "Hi! How are you doing? Did you get your partner yet? Who is it? Are you excited? Do I know them? What is your project going to be? You look really cool today by the way. Digging the ponytail." Rini didn't pause to take a breath. It was incredible how she was able to say all that at once.

"I'm good, and yes we got partners. You've definitely at least heard of my partner before." She sighed, "But our project? I'm really not excited for it. We are tr- careful!" Yana stopped in the middle of her sentence and quickly held her hands out to catch the falling girl.