The not-so-great reason of why Technoblade isn't afraid of death

Type : Dream Smp Angst oneshot
TW : mentions of d34th, f4mily d34th, bl00d, f1ght1ng, sw0rds, z0mb1es,

People mentioned/involved : Technoblade, TommyInnit, Chat, Techno's parents

Main person/people : Technoblade
Other : Dsmp roleplay = real life

Story summary : The not-so-great reason of why Techno isn't afraid of death

Time Line : Mostly the past, around the time when the potato war happened

One thing before the story starts :
This isn't located in the present, this is the past, a faded memory that popped up again you could say.
This is sort of like a teaser of a book that might come out, I don't know yet.

Pov : 3rd person

Alr, let's go

"Breathing a little too heavily for my liking, Technoblade." Techno groans, hell, he might just kill himself here and now, this voice is getting annoying. "It's not like my parents just got killed by a bunch of zombies, and I barely got out there alive, my clothes are full of blood and mud, my sword broke and I won't be able to pay the rent. Mhmh, no." With sarcasm dripping from his voice, Techno scoffs at the voice in his head, if it gives an actual answer, he's gonna jump off the nearby cliff."A a a a, don't scoff at us like that. Technoblade never dies, remember?" Alright. That's it. Nearby cliff where are you.

It was 3pm, and sweat was dripping down from Techno's face, his expression is a concentrated frown. "Hello, Technoblade" Shit. Quiet chanting could be heard in the background, 'one of us' 'one of us' 'one of us'.. Since a few days, Techno is able to actually see the voice. It's name is chat and apparently there was more than one voice all along. Anyways, they are stupid.

"Hey chat. What's up?"

"When was the last time you slept."

Techno stares at his hands.

Chat stares at him.

Techno looks up at Chat.

Chat stares.

Techno stares.

They both stare.

"Maybe last month? Maybe last year?"

"Ah. Okay. Well. Okay. Wait.. WHAT."

"Don't worryyy, Technoblade never dies, right?"

"Well, yea, but, it's just a saying because you're so strong and stuff, you can die!"

"And? Why do you care anyways."

"What? What do you mean?"

"Why would you care? I've known you for so many years and all you've done is mock me, so why? Why do you care?" Techno glances up at Chat and looks back down at his potatoes when no answer comes for a while. After about 2 minutes he looked back up and.. they're gone. Great. Techno sighs, what a great way to spend a Saturday evening. Anyways, potatoes.

_-_
_-_   _-_
_-_ _-_ _-_ _-_ _-_

"No, I'm not scared of death, Tommy."

"Why?! How can you be not scared of death? The nothing? The void?!"

"Well. I've lived for long Tommy."

"And?!"

"Well, as time goes on.."

Techno puts a hand on Tommy's shoulder

"..Life starts to get worse.. or better. Depends really"

"Get to the point, Techno."

"I'm ready. I've been ready for a long time now."

"ready for what?"

Tommy tilts his head in confusion.

Technoblade sighs.

"Another time, Tommy. Someday you'll understand."

And with that he walks away. Odd.