𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝟏𝟐

HANAGAKI TAKEMICHI

Naoto said I'll be meeting Hina. I am so happy that she is alive. Naoto told me that she is now a fully-grown lady, and is an elementary school teacher. It's a good thing that she has a proper job, unlike mine. I hate my job.

I wonder what she will look like? Of course, she'll look beautiful. How will she react to see an ordinary guy like me? Will she hug me out of delight?

What the hell am I assuming? There's no way reuniting with Hina is gonna be like that. I should not expect for something impossible. I am excited to meet her, but now, I want to run away. My hands are sweating and my heart is beauting faster than normal. I'm not yet ready to meet Hina. Should I just run away?

I don't think it's time to meet her, let's just leave.

"Naoto..." I called. "I don't think I can see her anyway."

"Huh?" I heard him whisper. I'm sorry Naoto, but it's better NOT to meet with Hina.

"Why the sudden change of heart?" He asked, confusion visible on his face.

"When I really think about it, I saved Hina's life, you know?" I stated. "But she doesn't know I save her. You should go see her Naoto, 'cause you're his little bro. I'm just a stranger to her." I hide my pain with a smile. I think that's a good explanation.

"Takemichi-kun."

"I told her to have a good life. That's enough for me." I added, walking away.

12 years... It's been 12 years, huh. There's no way she'd remember some guy she dated from 12 years ago. What the hell am I doing? I let out a soft sigh to calm myself down.

After all I've been through, I haven't changed a bit. I'm still a 26-year old virgin part timer. There's nothing fascinating about that.

"I managed to change the present, so why am I the one who hasn't change?" I trembled.

The time leap taught me in the end, I'm a loser at heart. I'd better go back to my old life, and not meet Hina--

"Eeck!" The person shrieked.

I couldn't even care less, that I almost bumped at someone. Slowly lifting my head, I said. "Sorr--"

Huh? Am I hallucinating? No--- "What the....." I mumbled. Warm tears falling out from my eyes, I can't believe what I'm seeing right now. She's..... Hina, you're right in front of me.

"Is something wrong?" She asked, with a hint of worry in her voice.

"No, everything is fine." I smiled, wiping the tears. You're looking at me the same way you did back then. How come you never changed? I thought--- "Crap, I can't stop." I groaned.

I thought you'll be a different person when I meet you.

"Takemichi-kun. You always show up at the weirdest times."

------

This is so awkward, but the atmosphere coming from Naoto is terrifying.

What should I talk about to break this awkward silence. Should I talk about the weather? I mean that's a good choice for a topic to talk about. But, I don't even know the weather forecast of tonight. Then what else..... I glanced at Hina to see if she has something nice to to chat, but she's the sane as I am. So... the weather it is.

"Nice weather, huh?" I said, with Hina exclaiming 'yes' after.

"You haven't seen each other for days, and this is the best you can do?" Naoto grumbled. "You have so much to catch up on."