GrubHog Day

" Party games? Fair food? Why can't it be like this all the time? " Anne questioned.

" Welcome to Grubhog day guys,it's the one day of the year where no one works and the whole swamp cuts loose," Polly says with enthusiasm," it all leads up to the official ceremony where the Grub hog pops out of it's official stump! " Polly continues to explain.

" Grubhog,kinda sounds fimilar,I bet it predicts the weather," Y/n exclaimed as Polly gasped.

" How'd you know? "

" Believe it or not we've got the same thing in our world," Anne explained.

" Grubhog smughog,the best part about is the vomit enduciting,death defying, unforgettable rides! " Sprig shouted.

" That's what I'm talking about! " Anne said as the four started to head over to the rides but were stopped short by Hop pop." Not so fast kids," he said holding out his hand in a stop gesture." Hop pop?What are you doing hiding in the bushes? " Anne questioned.

" I...I'm not quite sure myself Anne,but never mind that!Great news,Ralphy underbrooke has the plague! " Hop pop announced as everyone gasped.

" That's horrible! "

" Oh,he'll be fine,but now someone has to take care of the grubhog,and I volunteered you Sprig "

" What? " Sprig said in disbelief.

" This is a big deal,the last Plantar to do it botched the job so bad,we shunned him for life, " Hop pop said.

" Botched it? "
" Let's just say he got hungry,and he ate it "
" Ew "
" Oh wow ew "

" Isn't this exciting,sure you'll have to miss the fair,but it's for a good cause.Come on boy,do it for the family,what do ya say? " Hop pop questions.

" Well I uh," Sprig pauses hearing a scream from a frog on a ride in the background.

" Of course I will,there's nothing more important to me than family.Rides are for dumb dumbs anyway," Sprig spoke up." That's my Sprig,I knew I could count on you! " Hop pop said happily but Sprig frowned.The group then headed to where the Grub hog was located and went inside.
" Aww,he so cute,like a little sock puppet," Anne said as she and Y/n awwed over the grubhog.The Grubhog then spit causing it to phase through the floor as Anne and Y/n looked down at the hole." Don't stare into the abyss girls,after all,it stares back," Hop pop exclaimed before calling out to Sprig who came out with a costume on.He didn't seem happy but Hop pop didn't mind as Sprig started to read from a scroll.

" Congratulations lucky child,keep an eye on the Grubhog and don't pull a Plantar.Ouch," Sprig read.

" Come on Polly,lets go spread the good news,and remember the family name is in your hands," Hop pop pointed out to Sprig.

" In your hands " Polly repeated before the two closed the curtains and left.

" Alright dude, what's going on?I know you don't want to do this," Anne spoke up.

" Ya this is pretty much the opposite of you," Y/n added as Sprig sighed," I know,but I can't let Hop pop down,he's counting on me," Sprig started," Sprig buddy,just tell Hop pop how you really feel,drop that truth bomb," Anne stated making an exploding noise." No those eyes he gave me earlier were ' I'm proud of you Sprig ' eyes,I've only seen them maybe twice.Sooo,you and Y/n both go enjoy those incredible rides without me," Sprig says pushing the two as best he could towards the exit.A second later he gasped going to the open window," is that the spider spinner?I heard it's the fastest ride ever made," he exclaimed before sighing again and turning away from the window," I guess I'll have to miss it this year," he said dragging himself to a stool in front of the Grubhog.