Chapter 23

" You know what I think?I think we should start a deal with another company. It'll be beneficial for both and we'll get more advertising. what do you think? We may be able to go international even." I said

"Yes! That would be great. I totally agree. Amira you are indeed a genius! Okay I'll start looking you can do the presentations. But this may take some time." Zayn said as I nodded.

-

I finished with the dishes and went to the living room to check up on Saima who was laying on the ground fast asleep.

I lifted her up and walked to the room and placed her gently on to my bed and pulled the blanket on to her.

I walked back to the living room and picked up all of Saima's toys and put them in the crib and then went to the bathroom to change and wash up.

As I walked back to my room my phone rang.

I read the contact.

Aunty:

"Assalamualaikum" I greeted.

"Walaikumsalam." She replied

"How are you. How's my grand daughter?" She asked as uncle voice was also in the back ground.

"I'm good alhamdulillah. and so is Saima."

"I just talked to your mom. She told me she wants to visit soon sometime this year. And also she forgot to tell you earlier that Sanah and luqman came back from there trip to Saudi. They finished Hajj masha-Allah."

"Yeah she called and told me."

"Has Amir mentioned anything on going on trips with you? I don't think he's taken you anywhere except on your honeymoon." She said as I suddenly felt sweat tickle down my forehead.

"No not yet. He's been tired lately like usual busy with work."

"Give the phone to him I'd like to have a word or two with him" she said laughing.

I gulped

"Sure! Hold on I'm gonna go get him." I lied

"Ami- oh. Sorry aunty. Amir's fallen asleep with Saima. after all he has to wake up early." I lied once more.

"That son of mine is always busy. I call him at work he's busy I call him at home he's busy. I don't know how you deal with him!" She said laughing.

"Uhm. Anyway aunty I better get some sleep. Please take care of yourself and uncle. Say Salam to everyone from me. " I said as she said Salam and I hung up.

I sat on my bad as a tear slipped out of my eyes.the memories coming back once more. I was glad that we were both playing it off cool. Nobody knew.

-

I walked into the house as Zayn's mom was the first to greet me and introduce me.

"Oh hold on are you Amira Ali?" A young women asked.

My heart stopped.

I didn't reply and just stood there.

"If you are, isn't your husband like in some big business? You guys had like a huge fight and he kicked you out right? " she asked

"Wait really he kicked her out? Why? Are they divorced?" Another girl pitched in.

"No there not. I remember hearing someone saying that he saw her cheating or like he was cheating on her with some one else!"

"No! He is! I remember seeing him with a girl a couple months ago. She seemed like a business girl she was actually good looking. "

I slipped away from the couple girls and headed for the door wiping away the tears. I don't need this. I don't care.