chapter 14

Amira's POV.

"Assalaumualaikum ! finally you've come! we're so happy to see you guys come!" mom said as we walked into my home.. my so called "old home"

"Yeah, Amir wanted to bring me yesterday but I insisted we came today cause I wanted time to unpack." I said hugging my mom.

"make sure you keep my son happy and healthy!" my mom said smiling at Amir.

"Mama I'm your daughter" I said

"ofcourse but a son-in-law is just like my son. After all I have no other son so Amir will be perfect!" ammi said making way

"Now come on! Your cousins are all packed.They're about to leave in an hour or so." mom said as I ran to the living room.

"Amira!" Sanah yelled running towards me and giving me a big tight hug. all my cousins ran over and hugged me tight as ever.

"okay okay! I think that's good enough!" I said as they finally let go.

"we've been waiting for so long!" Khadijah yelled.

"yeah and sanah got you something." rosheen said as I looked at sanah who now had a small face. I know what she was trying to do.

she always made that "smile" whenever she felt like crying but she was trying to cover..

"here it is" Fatema said running over with an old bracelet. I remember that was ours when we use to be into those corlorful bracelets. I had that on for like 3 years until the strings broke.

"oh my gosh! I remeber that!" I said taking it.

"i brought it for you when I came.." sanah said finally talking.

"uhm.. Oh sanah I have to show you something! " I grabbed sanah's arms and ran to up to my room and locked it.

Sanah looked at me and then at the floor. she still had that fake smile on.

"stop that" I said

"stop what?" she asked

"oh please, don't pretend with me. tell me what's on your mind?" I asked

"I'm going to miss you Amira. I've missed you! I miss when we went to work together and when you'd always take a sip out of my coffee and when you make fun of me and Luqmaan. I'm happy for you but ..." Sanah paused until her tears finally came out.

I gave her a nice warm hug and let her cry patting her back.

"it's gonna be okay Sanah. I'm not gonna stay here forever stupid. I'm gonna come to California as soon as I can. And even if Amir doesn't let me I'll come on my own.and hello facetime, skype, ovoo, tango .. must I contiune? theres so many ways to keep contact ! and the most common one is the phone.I just need to get use to everything and then I'll come and we'll go to the parks and mess around with the yoga ladies" I said laughing and sanah let out a laugh.

We went back down after a couple minutes and my cousins looked at me and then at Amir who just stood there on his phone.

"Oooohhh look Amira there's your man" Fatima blurted and Amir looked up and I just looked at them.

"Would you guys stop it." I said and they laughed.
"Look look! Just look at the way he's looking at her with that smile." Sanah said nudging me.
"Not you! " I said.
"So Amira is he a good kisser! You've kissed right?!" Khadijah yelled and I looked at her with my mouth hanging open. What is wrong with them. How does she even feel comfortable asking that let alone knowing the answer.

"I'm not answering that. It's a stupid question and its private." I said and they all went oooohhh.
"of course it's private what else is between you two that's private?"Khadijah asks and everyone laughs.