Chapter 16

I ironed Amir's black coat and white shirt, black trousers. I hung it on to a hanger and hung the outfit on the closet hook.

I cleaned up the room realizing how dirty it had become.

I really didn't understand why Amir wasn't getting the hint that I was not happy about his relationship with sanam. But he just didn't get it. You know what I'm not going to care.

-

Amir came in as I was on skype with Reyan and Farhan. they were my cousins. I had just talked with there sister Zainab but she left. The four of us would always hangout during the summer break during our elemantary years. Both our families went camping and swimming and so many vacations together.

"who're you talking to?" Amir asked sitting on to the bed.

"just my cousins" I said putting my feet on to the ground

"is that your "sexy husband" " Reyan said chuckling. I looked up at Amir's face who now had a smug smirk planted on to his face.

"no no that's Chris hemsworth this is just Amir" I said laughing.

Amir sat next to me and got into the video chat they greeted eachother.

"So amira this your dream guy?" Farhan asked.

"yup. I guess he is" I said giving a fake smile.

"well she's not my dream woman but she sure is MY woman" Amir said putting an arm around my shoulder and kissing my cheek.

My cheeks went red but I tried to cover it. Get out of here I don't want you here Amir because everytime I see him I remember what he thinks of me. He's so fake.

"so Amir what do you work for?" Rehan asked.

"I'm the owner of a fashion designing company for outfitters. You might've heard of Sahara. If not then you probably don't know that we're 5th most selling in the fashion industries." Amir said.

"wow . so your almost as rich as Amira's dad." Rehan said.

"No I'm pretty sure our family is richer." Amir said. I don't care about money.

"actually my dad is CEO of American international airlines." I said

"wow impressive. no wonder my dad's always talking about your dad and his special skills" Amir said. Did he just make his dad sound like a freaking gold digger.

- I was down with Rabya and Sanam. It wasn't as bad cause Sanam was on the phone and me and Rabya were just thinking of names for the baby.

-

I went up and was about to open the door until I heard Amir talking.

"divorce... yeah that's a posibble choice. I don't know though. Family might not agree." Amir said. I felt my heart stop I ran to the bathroom on my left and locked the door.

Amir wanted a divorce. I should've known. This was all just a joke to him! What would my parents think if I went to them telling them I didn't succeed. That I wasn't good enough.

Tears were running down my face and they didn't stop. I failed as a wife. I failed as a daughter. But the fact that I was gonna be divorced... . I cried and continued lettting every tear out every sorrow out that I had left of me.

-

I opened my eyes Amir was on the phone again.

"Second marriage! yes that's the perfect option. That way everyone's happy. No family issues. No wife issues. I'll see. Anyway I'll talk to you in a bit. I'm gonna get some sleep alright bye " Amir said hanging up.

Amir shut the lights and slid in next to me his arms were around me but even though I felt warmth. i felt a cold shiver thinking about me sharing my husband. I'll leave.

- two days later..

I hadn't slept the past three nights. I'd wake up feeling like sleeping next to Amir was a sin. So I'd sneak up in the lounge and sleep there then early morning I'd go make breakfast for Amir.

I was in the kitchen as Amir and Sanam walked in. He wanted to get married to her. It had to be. They clearly had some sort of chemistry going on.

I set there food on to the table and ate my breakfast in the kitchen. Even the food tasted bitter and tasteless. I didn't eat well the past days either. Instead i spent more time cleaning and praying.

I barely talked and I felt this was the way to it'd soon be. I just want to go home. I want to book a ticket and leave. I want Sanah with me my family with me. I hate this place.

Just for the record if he does a second marriage I'm out. Sorry but this ain't it.

-

5:00pm

"assalamualaikum " Amir said turning me to face him.

"walaikumsalam" I said picking up his bag and heading for our room.

-

"you've been quiet lately.. something on your mind?" Amir asked as I untied his tie.

"no." I said feeling his eyes on me.

i put the tie away and he was seated on the bed.

"do you want anything else?" I asked keeping my eyes lowered.

"yes. Can I have a smile? I'm tired , I'd like my wife to be happy and smile for me and make me feel better" Amir said .I didn't answer. Please go away. Right now he's nice then later he'll hurt me again.

"Amira. come on what's wrong I've noticed for the past couple days you've been more quiet. what's the matter? you want me to take you out to tim's? or are you jealous? jealous of Sanam?" Amir asked trying to take my hands. I pulled my hands away.

"oh come on I'm just joking. why are you so angry?" Amir asked.

"I'm not" I said

"ok then can you give me a kiss?" Amir asked.

"Why don't you just leave me alone." I said.

"I need to go clean up in the kitchen. " I said walking off.

-

3:21AM

I was up again in the lounge sleeping until I heard a voice. Amir's voice.

"So now your telling me nothing's wrong? You expect all of us to believe that bullsh*t?" Amir said his voice was stern and very serious.

OMG 100 VOTES!!!! tysm <333 I will update atleast 3 chaps hopefully this week.