Chapter 1

Amira's POV

We arrived at the wedding. It was my dad's best friend's son. We had just moved to London a month ago where my dad was transferred well for the mean time anyway. He usually goes for about a week if he leaves. But this time, he was getting a break and a little bit of work. He told us he wants to stay for a while.

The wedding is a close friend of his.I've heard them talking on the phone all the time.

Me, my dad, and my mom walked inside the large hall, filled with people. In the very front was a stage where the groom and bride sat. Next to the groom were 2 little boys and next to the bride sat one girl and a boy and a couple of women and men stood. Relatives I'm assuming.

I turned my attention back to where I was standing and suddenly realized 2.. wait no 3 people walking towards us. A man of my dad's age and the woman who clearly was his wife and a guy who was following behind them. Quite a tall gentleman I must say.

"Yusuf! Assalamualiakum" the man said hugging my dad as the woman greeted my mom and they hugged. Then the boy shook hands with my dad and greeted my mom.

"I'm so glad you guys are here. This is my son Amir and my older one whose over on the stage is Khalid. " The man said as the boy smiled. The boy had a very nicely toned face and his green eyes stood out. He wasn't slim nor was he bulky.
He had a nice built body that made him appear to look thin because of how tall he was.

Did I just check him out? That too openly! I'm pretty Sure no one noticed and I was just looking because hello I wanna know how them British people be dressing.

"Mashaallah. I finally get to see you.He's very handsome. Looks like he got your looks" My dad said as they laughed.

"This is my daughter Amira." My mom said holding my arm. I gave a smile and they returned it.

"Mashaallah! Oh she's beautiful! Just look at her!" The woman said and I smiled.

I know they were only saying so to be polite. I wasn't beautiful nor was I someone you'd want to give a double glance at. Just that average girl.

To be very honest there wasn't anything special about my looks. I had common brown eyes no luscious lashes and to add on to that I had angry looking brows. I guess clear skin was my only flex. Sad. My body was flat and shapeless. But you know what you get use to it. Who am I suppose to impress anyway. Who cares. Seriously WHO CARES.

And to give evidence to my theory, one time we were at a house party and all my cousins and I were dressed up and me and my two cousins were greeting this woman. You wanna know what she said I said salam and she replied but when my two other cousins came she litterly stopped them and looked at them and said "oh Gosh you two are so beautiful! Masha allah! I feel like I found my daughter in-laws! May Allah bless you two."
You can picture my position. I literally just stood there like an idiot. Like hi I'm the girl that came from a duck. how do you do.
I don't know if it was cause they had actual makeup on and had a shape but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case. I felt really insecure my cousins didn't notice because I was never open about how I felt about myself. Anyways I'm over it. I don't compare myself to others it's just sometimes I notice my manly figure.

I'm 23 and I was mistaken to be 16,17,18 so many times. I had the body of a teenager and my voice wasn't girly and high pitched. it wasn't manly and rough or husky. I mean I'm not a guy. But my voice was just Not girly I guess. You can imagine the struggles of hearing my own voice on recordings.
Is that a guy talking? No it's me sounding like a boy who hasn't hit puberty.

Lately my aunts and cousins have been lecturing me as to why I'm 23 have a job and I'm still not married.They have teased me about it for so long like they look for chances to just mock me about marriage! My parents just say She's already reserved
But the reality that my parents won't say to my face is that we haven't exactly gotten any proposal cause you got no woman in you. My expectations aren't high I don't care about marriage much because I never imagined my future with another person I picture it the way it is right now.