Chapter 32

Amira's POV.

Couple days later...

Samantha walked in with her pencil skirt and heels looking all professional with her hair in a perfect bun.

I looked at her blankly.
"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be off looking for your wedding dress." I said lifting my head off the desk. I felt like an elementary kid being tired in class.

"Wedding dress? Me? No! Ohhh that oh yeah that was all just an act. See I thought he was talking about me so I just said we're engaged. But turns out he meant some other chic. So looks like we're both stuck on the ice."Samantha said taking a seat on my desk. I don't get it why do they sit on the desk with papers and files on it when there's a nice empty seat. Samantha and Amir both had that bad habit.

Did she say other girl. I suddenly became aware.

"What? Did you say other girl."

"Yeah. We both-"
"Who? Whats her name?"I asked eager to know.
"I dunno. Some girl. I don't remember her name properly but, I think it was Manas or no Sanas. Somewhere in another city apparently she came for visit.I dunno though. So when do you wanna have lunch?"

I looked at her confused.Since when is she being nice. I guess she was only rude because of Amir.

"Why are you being nice."
" 'cause I feel bad for you."she said shrugging her shoulders.
I feel bad for Amir.I'm the a**hole here.
"Thanks...I guess. "
Hold up manas... What Im pretty sure-
"Wait is the girl he's marrying muslim?"
"Yeah."
Manas? Sanas? Is that even a name?
Surely it was a joke! Right?

I cleared my throat.
"Okay Samantha I'll meet you for lunch in an hour. At Betty's Buffet. Sound good?" I asked.
She planted a big smile on her face.
"Great! Now we can both cry about our hardships. See ya. Don't be late I hate waiting."
I waved her out and opened up on google.

-m-a-n-a-s. I typed it up and nothing really came up. I searched up names with m. She could've meant manar... Hmm

I took a look at the name once again and just like that my brain turned on.
Sanam! Manas! Sanam!Yes! Wait no!
Great. Just great.Why hadn't she gotten married yet! Gosh I hate this.

-

Zayn's POV

"Salam Alaykum." I said as Aisha sat down.

"Walay Kum Salam." She said.

I shifted in my seat feeling uncomfortable.
"How are you?" I asked. my voice cracking a bit.
"Good.And you?" She asked.
"Fine thank you." I said.
A couple minutes went by without anyone saying a word.
This has been the most awkward situation I've been in with a girl.
I cleared my throat and adjusted in my chair.
"So um how bout we order food." I said.
"Yeah sure."
"Excuse me." I called the waitor and we ordered our food.
"So. " I said hoping we could start a conversation.
"You seem shy...and nervous.." I said even though I was too. I think I just lost all my confidence.

She laughed a little. Which I might add was cute.
"You seem that way too." She said. she didn't make eye contact yet but she seemed like the type of person who just needs a little boost.

"I guess it's cause I've never really been on a date with- I mean like to eat -well with my fiancé because well I mean -" I was jumbling all my words up and I had no idea what the hell I was saying.
Aisha began to laugh and not a shy laugh but a nice actual one. She had a beauty in her laugh.

I laughed a bit too.
"I think what your trying to say is that we haven't exactly been out yet. " She said . Still no eye contact. Her confidence had just levelled up.