Chapter 13

I couldn't listen.. I ran to the kitchen and toasted up some grilled cheese.

Amir's POV

"what do you mean by that! are you even in your senses!" My dad yelled getting off the chair.

"Yusuf, relax sit down" mum said grabbing my dad's  arm and taking him to the chair.

"Amir she's your wife. Now you're old enough to know the way you need to treat her. She's new here Amir. I'm so irresponsible! I never even showed her around our house! Amir let me tell you something, I've noticed that she's not so... comfortable well atleast not around you, maybe it's because your so tall and big maybe because you make her feel unwelcomed. But whatever it is she's afraid, she's nervous, she's the one adjusting with 5 people. You are the one who needs to go to her and comfort her. Some girls are more outgoing and confident from start to end, but some just need to feel comfortable and there confidence comes when it's ready. So give her some time. Because all she's asking for is comfort. I mean let's be honest none of the girls start working on there first day. She was in the kitchen more than me yesterday! forget that Even Rabya never worked on her first day! She's so well mannered! Now I don't know what's going through your mind but you pull it out and try and understand what I'm saying!" mum said taking a seat.

"I didn't mean that.. what I said about not wanting to love her.." I said lowering my voice.

"That woman you committed to is someone's daughter do NOT play with her life. Be a man and stick to your word.

"Promise me that you'll keep that girl happy." mom said said

"I promise"

My Dad got up. "don't make a promise you can't keep. Understand?" My dad said.

Amira's POV

I turned my head as Amir entered the kitchen.

"do you like grilled cheese?" I asked

He looked at me like I asked him the dumbest question in the world.

"I've had breakfast already" Amir said taking a seat on the chair in front of me.

"I was ask-"

"I know but you asked cause you were gonna make me one right?" he asked and I nodded.

"and yea I like grilled cheese." Amir said

I took a bite of my toast avoiding eye contact with Amir. He was watching me carefully as if he were a scientist observing his experiment.

Finally I looked at him. Our eyes locked for like 10 seconds until I looked away.

"why are you looking at me like that..." I finally said.

He doesnt reply.

"I know you hold alot more than what you show... you might be able to fool everyone else but you can't fool me" He said

"what do you mean." I said suddenly feeling like I just got caught stealing.

"nothing." he quickly said getting up. I knew he was gonna walk away, I quickly held his hand to stop him. He turned his head looked down at my hands and then at my face.

"I-I-I wanted to ask you something..." I said. he raised an eye brow.

"go on ask." he said. I let go of his hand and then got up.

"Is it possible if you can take me to my parents house... Like can we go to see them this afternoon." I said keeeping my eyes down and then quickly taking a glance at his face to see his reaction.