Chapter 4

A week had passed by since our last meeting. I don't think we'd meet again. The guy made me feel all bubbly inside and Nervous and turn all shy. I couldn't even look at the guy! which was a good thing considering we weren't married.

My answer to him was a yes. He was a practicing muslim, no past relationships, fasts, I'm pretty sure he reads Quran and he's over average in looks. He's educated and seems to be compromising and understanding and he looks to have a brain of his own. He had a few problems as well though, like walking off a lot and being a little too straight forward, but then again we all had faults right?

I placed the plates down and poured the hot curry into my parent's and my plate and passed everyone some roti's. We were eating dinner and surprisingly I was finding our new house alright.

"Have you decided yet Amira?" My dad broke the silence and looked at me. I kind of choked.

"Yes. "  I said shyly looking down.

"What's your answer?" My mom asked

"I think he'd be nice as a husband..." I said as my parents face lightened up and the two began jumping around like children. I smiled to myself knowing I had made my parents happy and maybe even a little happy myself.

"Now we just need to be patient for their call and as soon as we get their answer we'll get you two engaged after a week. " My mom said smiling bright.

After a long time of listening to my mom talk about my future and my dad constantly asking for more roti's They were finally finished eating and I cleaned up the table washed the dishes and prayed Isha.

To be fairly honest I don't think he'll say yes. I mean it wasn't a fair deal.He was into a huge company I was only a teacher, He could be more religious too and I preferred for him to be more religious so I could learn from him. He's much taller and I'm a shorty. He's got looks and I can only cook. There really wasn't anything we talked about that was exciting so My expectations were on the no-side.

Now I wish I say no. It's gonna be awkward when he says no and I say yes.

After Isha I cleaned changed and jumped on to my bed.

-

I was up and cleaning the kitchen, my parents had gone out early...without informing me.

The door bursted open and my parents walked in with big grins and their grins grew even bigger when they saw me.

I smiled back suspiciously. This either had to do with a sale or the wedding.

"What?" I finally asked as they started chuckling.

"They said yes! and 5 days until engagement! And even better he wants to drop you off to work after you two get engaged so you can get to know eachother!" My mom said clapping her hands.

My mouth dropped open and my eyes were bigger than ever. My heart literally stopped.

"Oh. wow that's generous " I said wiping the counter top. Saving gas.

"They're setting an engagement party at some hall." My dad said.

"Oh I see." I said

"Stop the cleaning and go find yourself a pretty dress to wear!" my mom said almost squeaking.

Who knew a mom would say "stop cleaning"
-