Chapter 29

It was past midnight and we were all tired. The four of us had ordered pizza and then after that we were back to our unpacking and setting.

Saima was in my room sleeping on the king sized bed.

"I just don't understand why don't you guys just -" Samantha stopped as she saw me enter.

She laughed and Amir turned to look at me.

"Zayn is working in the kitchen. I think we should help him. " I said

"Yeah we're coming." Samantha said as I walked towards the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" I asked looking up at Zayn who was on the counter top.

"I'm just putting foil over here. Usually it gets dirty and sticky here, when the rent is over it'll take more time to clean so I figured why not make it easy right? So when the day comes we just pull the foil out." Zayn said balancing.

"Aren't your prepared." I said with a grin.

He continued to put the foil as he balanced on some of the edges when things were in the way.

"Watch out!" I shouted running towards him.

He almost fell but luckily I managed to grab ahold of his leg.

"Are you-" I was about to say until I heard Samantha and Amir.

"What's going on in here?" Samantha asked.

I turned back to Zayn.

"Are you okay?" I asked he gave me a nod saying yes.

I could see Amir staring at me. I pulled a chair towards the counter and Zayn looked at me.

"Get off.I'll do it. you can have some rest." I said as he chuckled.

"You're gonna do it? I don't think so. Besides I'm almost done."

"Zayn. You've done much more than the rest of us, and you almost fell you better sit down. I'll finish this off." I said.

"And what if you fall." Zayn asked stepping on to the chair with a chuckle.

"I won't." I said stepping on to the counter.

I saw Amir look at Zayn.

"What if you do?" Zayn asked once more.

"Than I guess you'll be there to catch me....just like you've always done." I said smiling.

"I'm resting Amir can catch you he's got energy. " Zayn said

"Anyway guys, You can start filling that drawer with the assigned things. Zayn wrote the specific things on the inside so just fill it in. " I said as I unrolled the foil.

A couple minutes past where no one said anything.

"Okay! Done." I said cutting the foil off."

Amir can you help her down." Zayn said.

Amir put the can in the shelf and then looked at Zayn.

He didn't say anything and simply walked towards me and let out his hand.

I hesitated but gripped it and stepped down.

"Thanks." I mumbled and he nodded.

Samantha's ringtone went off and she had to walk out.

-

An hour past by until Samantha returned and it was now 2:47 am. No body had energy to talk. Slowly we filled the cabinets. The speed was slow but we were doing something.

"Okay guys. I'm off. Amir, Josh is picking me up, are you coming?" Samantha asked.

"No, you can go." Amir said.

"Okay. " Samantha said zipping up her jacket.

"I think he's here! Okay bye Amir, make sure you call me in the morning. It was nice meeting you Zayn! Oh and Amira you too and your cute little daughter Samia!" Samantha said with a bright smile.

"It's Saima... " Zayn corrected.

"Right. Saima! Anyways bye!" Samantha said.

-

3:13 am

"Okay I think we can call it a night!" I said drowsily.

"Yeah. we'll finish off tomorrow." Zayn said.

"Okay the beds are set up anyway we can just sleep on them." I said as we all shut the lights and made sure all the windows and doors were locked.

"Man I'm just happy we got almost everything done while Saima was asleep. " I said as we walked up the stairs.

"Amira," Zayn said. the three of us stopped at the hall.

"Let me sleep with Saima for the night." Zayn said.

"What? Fine." I said as he have me a grin and headed for our room.

"Wait let us grab our clothes." I said as we went into the room and I grabbed my pajamas and so did Amir.

I kissed Saima's forehead and then we quietly walked out of the room.

"So which room do you wanna take?" I asked turning to Amir.

"I'm sleeping in the living room." Amir said.

I looked down at the stairs,it was so dark you couldn't see anything.

Amir didn't say anything and headed for the change room and I headed to the bathroom.

I came out a couple minutes later and watched Amir disappear as he walked down.

I took the room next to Saima's and I felt cold. It wasn't just the cold that was  stopping me from sleep, it was something else, something I barely ever feel, guilt.

I read my kalima's and read the four kul's and read the dua for sleeping, hoping sleep would come after some time. Sadly for me, The cold temperature or the cold feeling was taking the better if me.

Finally I got up wrapped two blankets around me and took my phone and turned the flash on and walked down the stairs slowly.

Suddenly the door opened from Saima's room.

Zayn's head sticked out. His hair was all messed up and his eyes were cringed and his face all scrunched, he looked like a little baby.

"Amira? What're you doing? That's you right?" Zayn asked.

"Amir's down there.... Of course it's me!" I said.

"You want me to take you down? " he asked

"No, no, you go to sleep, i'm okay."

"Alright be careful, din't trip cause I'm not gonna be there to catch you." Zayn said a she shut the the door.

I walked down and into the living room and flashed my light around to see where Amir was.

He was in the couch without a shirt, No blanket, in the most cold and open room.

Is he trying to get sick? He could never to to sleep without blankets before, Even if he did he would sleep and then wake up 5 minutes later. But then again he's no longer the old Amir...And I seem to forget that much too quick.

I put my blankets down and spread the blanket so he was covered with a nice heavy blanket.

I went to go fix his pillow until his hand grabbed my wrist. Tight.

I looked to see at his eyes. They were closed.

This wasn't the first time he'd done this in his sleep.

I sat there next to him with a blanket around me and his warm hands gripping my wrist.

I wish I could just hug him.. just stroke his messy hair and just hold his hand. He was so calm right now.

His grip loosened and I broke free and looked for the other couch that was in front. I pushed it a little closer slowly making sure not to make a sound and then laid on it and pulled the covers on