chapter 9

YAAS more reads and votes! TYSM to all <3333 anyway enjoy don't forget to comment, vote and share!!!

Me and my mom were waiting for my dad in the car. I looked out the window and saw my dad talking to a man. I recognised him, Zayn's dad.

My dad got into the car and began driving.

"have you met Zakir's wife?" My dad asked my mom.

"yes. I did. I was so happy to see her, it has been so long since we all met."

"yea and Masha Allah, his son is, so respectful. may Allah, bless him. I invited Zakir's family over for dinner tomorrow."

-

The house was cleaned and the food was ready, in fact, everything was ready except for me. I finished pinning my scarf and took a glance in the mirror.

I wasn't too dressed up considering it wasn't a big party. I was just wearing a blue and black Indian dress.

My parents weren't ready yet either so I went down to make sure everything was okay.

The doorbell rung and I heard my dad yelling for me to get the door.

I opened the door and was faced with Zayn, uncle Zakir and his wife.

"Assalamualaikum please come in" I said as they all walked inside.

"Walaikusalam, how are you, Amira." aunty said as she hugged me.

"Alhumdulillah I'm good how are you?" I asked.

"Alhumdulillah, good too"

I lead them to the living room and made sure they all took a seat.

We began talking formally and eventually my parents came and like usual, the adults were talking loud and clear, laughing at things that... aren't really even funny, and eventually having those awkward laughs and quiet moments, where no one says anything and then that one adult breaks the silence.Ah the typical.

I looked towards Zayn, he was looking right back at me, I quickly shifted my eyes .He was wearing a coat and a white shirt, with blue jeans. his hair was gelled and his flawless skin was shining along with his glimmering green eyes. I won't lie he was handsome, and yeah, back in highschool I didnt think he was handsome, even when I liked him I didn't really have any thoughts on his looks, mostly because his personality stuck out a lot and I mean A LOT, he probably had the most strongest charachter from anyone I've met so far.

It's weird because I said he was a jerk but I hadn't full explained why. Zayn felt strong for 2 things. Respect and Islam. If anyone , wether it was a student, teacher or even a principal He would stand up to them.

But that wasn't always a good thing.

I remember in grade 8, when our science teacher Mr.Lin made a racist joke, no one took offence because we knew it was only for laughing porposes. But Zayn didn't think so. Zayn raised his hand and Mr.Lin allowed him to talk.

"your a teacher and your older, shouldnt you be stopping people from being racist? Here you are teaching us to do the opposite. How would you like it if I made a joke about your culture the mexia already made a stereotypical image of muslims i think that much is enough there's no need for teachers to start making these kind of judgements." Zayn said

Mr Lin stopped smiling, and told him to leave the class. But Zayn continued to talk and eventually the principal came and Mr.Lin had to apologise, but zayn got detention for the month. apparently he payed one of his friends to take in detention for him and things got worse.