Chapter 15

- afternoon

I was in the back of the car with Amir. Remember when he used to get mad at me for sitting in the back? well guess what? This time he actually directly told me to sit in the back. He said He doesn't want me sitting in the front with him. I was offended at first but I thought if I was gonna be offended at every little thing how was I gonna make this marriage work?

-

"Assalamualaikum!" I said entering the house.

Aunty Uncle and a beautiful girl came towards us.

"Salam!" the girl said. The girl had a thin yet curvy body. She wore an indian dress with a scarf wrapped aroound her neck. Her hair was dyed blonde and she had the most beautiful eyes.

"Amir remember me? " the girl said smiling so sweetly.

"ofcourse. I remember you. " Amir said.

"Amira this is Sanam. She's my cousins daughter. she comes here once in a while. " Aunty said as I nodded and brought out my hand.

"Assalamualakikum I'm amira his wife" I said "his wife" in sort of a sad disguisted way. Amir turned to me and then gave me a blank look.

"wow Amir I thought you said you were going to marry a girl with beyonce's figure." the girl said laughing. Ok that was so uncalled for.

"oh I was but I got stuck with teenage beyonce instead." Amir said chuckling. you know that insecure feeling I always get? yeah I was feeling like that. Thanks so much.

"excuse me," I said walking towards the kitchen.

"you offended her!" I heard Sanam say.

"Amira, if you're gonna cook don't worry about it we've made your favourite food today. we asked your mom what you like best. She told us you love lasagna. " aunty said smiling.

"that's great. jazakAllah. But you should've made Amir's favourite food. But anyway I guess I'll get some rest." I said heading up until I heard Khalid call me into the living room.

I went over and saw all of them sitting.

I sat next to Amir and I wish i didn't cause the second I sat he moved atleast 10 inches farther. I hate him.

"oh Amira you've decided to join us how sweet" Rabya said.

"I'm sorry for putting you on the spot but today when we talked to your mom she told us some really funny stories." Rabya said.

"forget that. so yesterday we Slept at Amira's house and I asked her where the change room was and she didn't have one." Amir said chuckling. Dude most people don't have it it's not that deep. I wanted to smack his head against the wall.

"really then where does she change?" sanam asked. In my room or washroom woman.

"I don't know but why would she get a house without a spare room." Amir said. Oh yes disrespect my financial status. I freaking hate this guy. What an asshole.

"where did you change then?" Khalid asked.

"in the room" Amir said.

"if you changed in the room then obviously she does too it's not necessary to have a spare room. I'm pretty sure we're the only ones who have this. Our family traditions I guess"Khalid said laughing.

"Amira, I don't mean to be rude or anything but aren't you too young for marriage I mean just look at you. and even so you're a new bride you should dress more... accordingly? did your parents not take you shopping? what does your dad do? are you from a non-wealthy home?" sanam asked. Every single question she asked burned me. This was the most absurd thing I have ever witnessed. I don't need to hear this crap from a stranger. Who does she think she is.