Complicated

[Spiciness ahead]

She must've stood in front of the door to his room for nearly five minutes debating whether or not she should knock. It was just past 1 o'clock in the morning — he was probably asleep, right? She should leave. She shouldn't bother him. Just as these thoughts were running through her mind she found herself knocking on his door. She waited for a few seconds but he didn't answer. Deciding to just let him sleep, she started to turn away and walk back to her own suite. Of course, as soon as she started to step away his door opened.

"Get back here," he chuckled. His voice was jovial but still laced with the deep huskiness that came with the sleep that Camila assumed she just woke him from. Camila hesitated for a moment before turning on her heel and walking back towards his door.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you."

"I wasn't completely asleep yet."

"But you were partially asleep...?"

"If you're here, I'd rather be awake." Shawn stepped aside, holding the door open. "You coming in or no?" Camila smiled shyly and stepped inside.

He had her clothes off almost immediately after he had closed the door to his suite. Any shame that Camila had felt about sneaking over to his room this late melted away the second he pushed inside of her. He kept her hands pinned on the mattress above her head, both of her wrists encased by one of his large hands as the other hand rubbed just above where he entered her.

"Feel good?" he grunted. She replied with nothing but an incoherent string of moans and whimpers. "Use your words."

"Feels so good," she managed to pant. She pried her eyes open and gasped at the sight above her. The image of him thrusting into her as he held her hands above her head was almost too hot to handle. He brought her to her first orgasm effortlessly before flipping them over so she was on top.

"Ride me," he commanded, his fingertips digging into her hips. She did exactly as he requested, planting her hands on his chest for balance as she ground her hips against him.

The pleasure was almost paralyzing — and as much as she wanted to keep up the pace she was finding it difficult. Luckily, he took notice and began bucking his hips up, pounding into her until she was screaming his name as she came again. He followed suit shortly afterwards, emptying himself into the condom with a grunt. Camila collapsed against his chest, panting and sweaty. She couldn't help but smile when she felt two strong arms wrap around her, hugging her tightly against him. She wasn't fully sure how long they stayed like that before he rolled them over so she laid on her back, pulling out of her and discarding the condom. Camila watched him curiously as he pulled on a pair of gray sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"I'll be right back, okay?" He grabbed his room key and his wallet from the nightstand. "Why don't you get in the jacuzzi while you wait for me to come back?"

"I didn't bring a swimsuit..." Camila only realized how ridiculous the statement was when Shawn's eyes slowly moved over her completely naked body. "But I guess I don't really need one..."

"No," he chuckled. "No, you don't." He leaned down and kissed her forehead before leaving the room. She wasn't sure where he was going but she wasn't sure it really mattered. She steadied her still-weak legs as she stood up and moved into the bathroom to clean herself up before getting into the hot water of the jacuzzi.

The hot water and jets helped soothe and relax her muscles after the 'workout' that had just taken place in Shawn's bed. She took a deep breath and let her eyes drift shut, her head resting back against the headrest in the tub. Her eyes popped open again when she heard the door to the suite open. Shawn walked back in with a bottle of wine and two empty glasses in his hand.

"Well that's a nice surprise," Camila hummed as she eyed the bottle and glasses.

"I wasn't sure what kind you like. I just guessed."

"I like most wine," she shrugged with a smile.

"Well good." He set each of the glasses on the side of the tub, opening the bottle and pouring them each a glass. He stripped himself naked again and got in the tub with her, each of them taking their glass of wine and sipping leisurely. They sat together in a comfortable silence for a few minutes before Camila asked him a question that had been on her mind since their first time together.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Anything."

"What's in this for you? I mean, is it just the sex?"

"I like you," he replied simply. "The sex is great, yes. But I also just like spending time with you."

"That complicates things."

"I'm aware," he sighed. "You're beautiful, Camila. I was attracted to you the second I saw you at the bar. You know that. I literally couldn't stop staring at you. That attraction has only gotten stronger as I've gotten to know you. You're smart and funny and just...I really enjoy being around you."

Camila hesitated a moment before asking her next question.

"Was this a stupid idea? You and me?" Part of her regretted the question as soon as she asked it. He looked away from her, thinking over his answer before replying.

"In my opinion, no. It's not stupid. Does it suck that after this week it's over? Yes. Absolutely. But it wasn't a waste. I think I'd rather have a week with you than nothing at all."

Camila slowly nodded at his response before taking another sip of her wine.

"Every now and then I feel like it was a bad idea," she hummed. "I came here to get over one guy and I'm worried I'm gonna leave here having to get over two." Shawn was silent for a moment.

"And there's no chance at anything long distance...?" He had a feeling he already knew the answer but he asked anyway.

"No," she sighed. "I'm sorry. I just...I don't think I could do it. Too many trust issues." She chuckled sadly. "Any chance I could convince you to move to Miami?" Shawn was amused by the question but he still knew he couldn't give her the answer she wanted.

"I'm sorry, Camila."

"Me too," she sighed. Camila moved across the tub to be closer to him, laying her head on his chest. He brought his free hand up to run his fingers through her hair, kissing her temple softly and sighing.

"Any chance I can convince you to stay here tonight?" he asked. Camila thought it through for a moment before shaking her head.

"I'm sorry. I just...it's already going to be hard enough leaving as is. That'll only make it worse."

"I know. Figured it was worth a shot."

They stayed in the hot tub until about 3 o'clock in the morning when Camila decided she should probably get back to her own suite and sleep for a while. They dried each other off and got dressed. Shawn gave her a quick kiss on the lips before watching her leave his room...again.