The Watermelon or Me?

Camila tried to be as quiet as possible as she slid her room key into the slot and pulled it back out before carefully opening the heavy door to her and Shelby's suite. It was about 8:30 in the morning and she had really hoped that her best friend wasn't awake yet. Not that she wasn't aware that Camila was sneaking off at ungodly hours to go meet up with her vacation fuck buddy — she knew where she had been. But still, it felt like a walk of shame. She didn't want anyone to see her. She thought she had made it out of the woods until she took a few steps further into the suite and saw her redheaded best friend standing in the doorway of her bedroom, sipping on a cup of coffee she had made with the little single cup coffee maker that was included in the amenities of their room.

"Good morning," Shelby greeted with a smirk. "Where have you been, young lady?"

"You know exactly where I've been." Camila rolled her eyes. "And even if you didn't, it's none of your business."

"Your lips are swollen."

"We were making out," she shrugged. "But again, that's none of your business."

"Oh, so you only made out?"

"That's not what I said."

"Your hair is too messy to have only made out."

"Alright. I'm gonna go take a shower. And then I'm gonna go get some breakfast at the buffet and then I will be napping in the sunshine for the rest of the afternoon." She turned on her heel and strutted away from a giggling Shelby, heading straight into her own bedroom.

Camila spent her day doing exactly what she had said that she would do. She showered and enjoyed a big bowl of fresh fruit for breakfast before laying by the pool and soaking up the sunshine while getting some sleep. Lord knows she didn't get to sleep in as much as she would have liked. It was worth it, though.

Around 1 o'clock in the afternoon her stomach started to growl again. She sat up and reached over to pull Shelby's earbud out of her ear.

"You getting hungry?" she asked. "I could go for a snack."

"Yeah. Let's go." Camila stood up from her lounge chair and slid her denim shorts up her legs, covering up her skimpy bikini bottoms before heading to the buffet by the pool with her best friend. Camila filled half of her plate with watermelon and the other half with waffle fries whereas Shelby opted for a grilled chicken breast and a little bit of mac 'n cheese. Camila was just getting ready to take her plate back to her lounge chair when she heard a familiar voice.

"Are the waffle fries any good?"

Camila snapped her head towards his voice, eager to get a look at him despite seeing him earlier that morning. He looked so good sitting at one of the small tables by himself. He was shirtless and his hair was still a little wet, making her believe that maybe he had just gotten back from the beach. A smug smirk started to form on his lips and she knew it had to have been because he could tell she was admiring how good he looked. She tore her eyes away from him and back down to her plate. She grabbed a fry and popped it into her mouth.

"Delicious," she answered.

"Well, well, well...look who we have here!" Shelby popped up behind Camila. "If it isn't the reason I caught my best friend sneaking back into our suite this morning..."

"We were just watching the sunrise!" he smiled in defense.

"Is that what the kids are calling it these days?" All three of them laughed. "Are you eating by yourself?" Shawn just shrugged nonchalantly in response. "Well. You're not anymore!" Shelby put her plate down on the table and sat down across from him, leaving Camila to take the seat next to him. The brunette hesitated to sit down but decided to just give in and have fun. She was a little worried about Shelby and her big mouth embarrassing the shit out of her but it didn't seem that she had much of an option at this point.