Are You Mad at Me?

"I'm gonna tell Leroy to make you fly in for meetings more often," Shelby said with a teary chuckle as she hugged her best friend. "The phone calls and FaceTimes are fun but nothing beats seeing you in person."

"It was fun getting to see you again," Camila agreed. "And thanks for the ride to the airport."

"Any time." Shelby pulled away from the hug and subtly wiped a tear from under her eye. "Okay, well...you should probably head in. I think your hubby might kill me if I cause you to miss your flight." They both laughed. 

"Love you, Shelbs."

"Love you too, C."

Camila sighed heavily and grabbed onto her luggage, rolling her suitcase into the Miami airport. As much as she hated leaving Shelby and her family in Miami, her heart sped up a bit when she remembered the people that were waiting for her back in Toronto.

She took a selfie when she got to her terminal and sent it to Shawn. 

C: getting ready to head home to you!! 

Her heart fluttered when she saw the 'read' notification pop up under the message she had sent him. 

S: Cutie!!! We're very excited to see you ❤️

He sent back a selfie of himself and Maggie, who was hugging his neck and kissing his cheek. Camila smiled and saved the picture to her phone, setting it as her home screen background. 

She killed time on her flight by taking a nap, only waking up when the pilot announced over the intercom that they were preparing for their descent into Toronto. Suddenly, Camila was wide awake. She was so excited to see Shawn and the kids again. As much as she loved being back in Miami, she had grown to love being in Canada with her little family even more. She pushed open the window cover next to her seat and watched as the plane moved lower and lower into the city she now called home. 

After they had landed, she quickly pulled out her phone and turned it off of airplane mode so she could text Shawn.

C: just landed in Toronto! cant wait to see you ❤️

S: I can't wait either! Heading to the airport now 

Camila got off the plane as soon as they were allowed to and immediately went to baggage claim to get her bag as quickly as she could. She could practically feel her legs shaking with excitement over the idea of being reunited with her husband. Sure, she had only been out of town for a few days — but it was still a few days too long. She grabbed her suitcase the second she saw it come by on the conveyor and walked out to the pickup area to wait for Shawn. 

Camila started jumping up and down the second that she saw his car pull up next to her. The moment he got out of the car, she ran up to him and jumped up to hug him. He wrapped his arms around her waist to keep her secure as he hugged her back.

"Hi my love," he greeted with a wide smile. "How was Miami?"

"So much fun." She turned her head to kiss him. "But I missed being home with my favorite people."

"We missed you too. Things were quite eventful while you were gone."

"Oh yeah? What happened?"

Shawn sighed and set Camila back down on the pavement sidewalk, running a hand through his hair. "We can talk in the car." He loaded her suitcase into the back of the vehicle and got back in the driver's seat, immediately leaning over to give his wife a quick peck on the lips before putting his seatbelt on and pulling away from the airport. 

"So what happened? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," he sighed. "So, um...Chloe's pregnant."

Camila snapped her head towards Shawn. "Chloe as in Jace's girlfriend?"