Random Baby

"How did you guys convince Chloe's parents to let her go to the party?" Camila asked. Her and Jace were standing in the kitchen — Camila preparing dinner, already in her princess costume, and Jace grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

"She told them that our friends might speculate if they find out she couldn't come to the party because she's grounded," he explained. "I think they also feel better knowing Marty will be there..." He sighed, clearing his throat. "We...um, we also might've told them that I wasn't going to the party."

Camila felt a little disappointed that they lied to Chloe's parents, but she couldn't necessarily say that she blamed them. She'd probably do the same thing if she were in their position. "Do you think Marty will rat you guys out for lying?"

"No. Chloe said she talked to him and that he's chill with it. I was texting him a little bit earlier too and surprisingly he seemed totally fine. I think he also feels like their parents are being a little too harsh, even if he's not too thrilled about the situation himself." He took a swig from his water bottle, accidentally spilling some of it on the front of his costume. He was dressed as an astronaut and Chloe was going as an alien. He grabbed a napkin and dabbed up the water. "God, how long does it take to put a costume on? I wanna see her before I leave."

The moment he finished his sentence, Maggie's feet came excitedly pattering down the hallway and towards the kitchen. "I'm a mingo! I'm a mingo!"

"You are!" Jace laughed, squatting down to be closer to her height. "You look so cute, Mags. You're the cutest little flamingo in town."

"What are you?" She asked, eyeing his costume curiously. "A marshmallow?" Jace and Camila both laughed.

"No, silly. I'm an astronaut. And Chloe is gonna be an alien!"

"What about the baby?"

"I think Camila got Posie a strawberry costume..."

"Not Posie! Your baby!"

"Oh," Jace chuckled. "My baby doesn't have a costume yet — they're still in Chloe's tummy."

"When are they coming out?"

"In a few months," he told her. "She's gonna have the baby in June."

"I'm so excited!" She started jumping up and down happily.

"Yeah? What do you think we should name the baby?" Jace was smirking, already knowing Maggie's answer was going to be unique.

"Um...Puppy!"

Jace laughed. He was right in his assumption. "I'll tell Chloe and see what she thinks." He ruffled her head of curls with his hand, making her giggle. Just then, Shawn came slowly walking out of the hall...in a full bunny costume.

"Oh. My. God. That's classic." Jace laughed. Shawn was stone-face and shaking his head.

"The things I do for this kid..."

"Daddy is a bunny!" Maggie squealed in laughter. Shawn looked up at Camila, who was standing in the kitchen desperately trying to hold her giggles back. Her face was bright pink — almost the same color as her princess dress.

"She's got you wrapped around her little finger."

"I'm well aware," Shawn replied, adjusting his bunny ears.

"Smile!" Jace held his phone up and took a picture of Shawn. "This is gonna be some useful blackmail content someday."

"I'm sure it will be," Shawn snorted.

"Alright. I've gotta go — Chloe and Marty are already on their way to the party and I don't wanna be late."

"Have fun!"