I Can't Find Another You

[🌶🌶🌶]

Camila stood in the middle of the empty room that would soon be her office. In many ways, it reminded her of her office back home in Miami. The building had more of an industrial feel, unlike the luxe design of the Miami office. She still had the floor-to-ceiling windows and the high-rise view of the city. Of course, this city wasn't quite as sunny and colorful as downtown Miami. But that was okay. Toronto had Shawn and that seemed to make it all worth it for her.

Thinking of Shawn, she pulled her phone out and took a picture of the view from her soon-to-be office and sent it to him.

S: Oh shit! Is that your fancy new office?

C: It is! You'll have to come see it in person when it's done

S: Does the door to your office lock?

C: Perv
C: but yes

S: LOL hell yeah

C: We're still on for dinner tonight, right??

S: Obviously.
S: Can't wait to see you again ♥️♥️

C: I can't wait either 🥰

Camila slid her phone back into her pocket and sighed dreamily as she stared out at the city. It still felt nothing like home; it still felt unfamiliar. But talking to him...being with him...it all made the chilly Toronto air feel noticeably cozier.

After leaving the office building she stopped at the grocery store to grab what she needed to make Shawn dinner that night. She had decided on lemon pepper chicken breasts and roasted vegetables with a light salad — simple, but impressive.

The last time she had been in a grocery store had been the day she was reunited with Shawn. The memory made her smile. She decided to text him again.

C: At the grocery store now...thinking of you

S: Why? Can't reach anything shorty?

C: shut up! LMAO
C: What kind of wine do you like?

S: Surprise me. I'll drink whatever.

Camila's eyes scanned the shelves of wine bottles before settling on a Tetrachroma Pinot Noir. She typically preferred white wines over red wines but she had drank this one before and knew she loved it. She grabbed a bottle from the shelf and put it into her basket before grabbing the rest of the groceries she needed to make their dinner perfect.

Shawn stood outside of the door to Camila's apartment trying to calm himself. He typically never got nervous before dates. With Camila, it was different. Maybe because he could see a real future with her. Maybe because he was still hiding a pretty major part of his life from her. Since reconnecting with her he hadn't been able to shake the thought that maybe once she found out about Maggie and Jace she wouldn't be as interested in him. He didn't know that he could handle losing her a second time.

He finally decided to just rip off the band-aid and knock on her door. She opened the door with a cheery smile and nearly took his breath away. It never failed to amaze him how effortlessly beautiful she was. Her brunette tresses were down in their natural waves and he was fairly certain she didn't have a stitch of makeup on her face. Her high-waisted jeans accentuated the curve of her hips and the white cropped tank top she was wearing showed just enough skin to be distracting.

"Hey you." Her voice sounded sweet like honey and he swore that the second he felt her lips on his he could taste the sweetness too. "I missed you."