Dream Come True

"I can't believe you're my wife," Shawn hummed against her lips as he kissed her slowly, his fingers combing through her long hair. Camila giggled into the kiss, snuggling closer to her new husband in bed. "I know I've said that many times since the wedding, but it's true." The morning sunlight was starting to shine through their bedroom window, and while they were definitely both still sleepy they were also both far more interested in a morning make out session than getting a few extra minutes of sleep. 

"I hope you always feel that way," Camila whispered in reply, leaning in and letting their lips collide again. Within seconds he was climbing on top of her body, grabbing the covers and pulling them up over both of their heads as he continued kissing her. Camila smiled against his lips just as his hands moved under her shirt. His thumb had just started caressing the underside of her breast when there was a loud pounding at their bedroom door.

"Daddy! Mommy Mila!" Her two little hands continued smacking against the outside of their door. "I'm awake! Wake up!"

Camila chuckled, placing a hand on her husband's face and pulling away from the kiss. "We're gonna have to wait and finish this later."

Shawn groaned, rolling off of her and sighing heavily with his arms stretched out to his sides. Maggie was still slapping her hands against their door. "Daddy! Hello? Can you hear?" It made him laugh how sassy she could be. Camila rolled out of bed and pulled on a pair of cotton shorts before walking towards their door and opening it. Maggie stood there with her brows pinched together and her curls in a sleep-tousled mess on her head. 

"Hi sweetheart."

"I'm hungry, mommy..."

"I'll go get some breakfast ready for you." Camila leaned down and kissed the top of Maggie's head, walking out into the kitchen.

"Morning daddy!" Maggie ran towards the side of their bed. Shawn chuckled.

"Good morning, stinky." He reached over the side of the bed and picked the little girl up, placing her on the bed next to him. She immediately started poking at and tracing over the butterfly tattoo on his arm, as she usually did whenever it was visible to her. "Did you sleep good?" She nodded enthusiastically.

"I had a dream we were on a train!"

"A train! And where were we going on that train?"

"The fairy garden."

"That sounds pretty magical. Were we all going to the fairy garden together?"

"Mhm. It was you and mommy and Jace and Chloe and me and the baby."

Shawn furrowed his brows. "The baby? Which baby?"

"The baby boy." She said it as if it were obvious. Shawn couldn't help but be amused.

"Does the baby boy have a name?"

"I don't think so..." she answered, climbing down off of the bed. "I want food!" Just like that, she was trotting back out of their room in into the kitchen where Camila was warming up some frozen waffles and cutting up some fresh fruit for her.

Shawn laid in bed for a few more minutes trying to muster up the energy to finally get up. Eventually he managed to pull his tired body out of bed. He felt a sudden rush of excitement when he checked his phone to see the reminder for their appointment later today; in just a few hours he and Camila would officially restart the adoption process. His stomach churned. He wasn't sure if he could handle another rejection.

That anxiety had disappeared and was replaced with a sudden sense of peace when he walked out of their bedroom to see Maggie and Jace sitting at the dining table eating their breakfast while Camila stood in the kitchen making eggs, toast, and coffee for herself and Shawn. Her wedding ring sparkled under the kitchen lights, reminding him that he had finally gotten the future with her that he had always dreamed of. He looked down at his hands and took the ring he usually wore on his right hand off, sliding it onto his left ring finger instead. He didn't have an official wedding ring yet but he still wanted it to be known that he was now a married man.