For Good Luck

Camila looked over herself in the mirror before glancing at the clock. She had just about five minutes before she'd have to leave for work, as much as she would've preferred to take the day off and spend it with her boyfriend like she had the day before.

Speaking of her boyfriend, he was still fast asleep in bed. She was jealous; she wanted nothing more than to strip off her work clothes and climb under the covers with him again. He was so cozy, so warm.

She gave herself one last look in the mirror before walking over to Shawn's side of the bed, leaning down to kiss him on the forehead. He immediately stirred awake. She hadn't necessarily been trying to wake him up but she couldn't deny that she was glad he did.

"Baby," he mumbled sleepily. "Are you leaving?"

"I have to go to work," the brunette sighed. "But I'll be back here as soon as I get done, okay?"

"Okay." He yawned and rolled to lay on his back, blinking his eyes open to gaze at his girlfriend standing above him. He thought she looked so beautiful; he honestly thought she always did. "Goodbye kiss?" His head of brown curls were tousled from his pillow and his cheeks were flushed — both things that were Camila's weakness. He puckered his lips expectantly and Camila couldn't resist anymore. She leaned down and ran her fingers through his curls as she kissed him softly.

"I love you," she whispered as she pulled away. A sleepy smile crossed Shawn's face as he reached out and intertwined his hand with hers.

"I love you too. So much. Yesterday was so special; thank you."

"You deserve it." Camila squeezed his hand in hers before reluctantly turning to leave. She didn't get far, though, considering Shawn was refusing to release her small hand from his grasp.

"Come back here."

Camila looked at him laying in bed looking as adorable as ever and sighed. She truly couldn't deny him anything he wanted. Maybe that was technically a bad thing but she didn't care. She turned back and moved towards him again just as he sat up, the covers falling down to reveal his toned bare torso. He leaned forward and gently grabbed the bottom hem of her blouse, lifting it up to reveal her stomach. Camila was confused, but only momentarily. Shawn answered the question in her mind when he leaned in to kiss her stomach, just below her belly button. Instinctively, Camila lifted her hand to touch the soft hair on top of his head but before she could even make contact, he was pulling away again and smiling softly at her.

"For good luck," he said quietly, lowering her shirt back down. Camila blushed and tried to hold back a grin as she leaned down to kiss him again, letting her lips linger for a bit longer than she had before.

"Have a good day. I love you."

"I love you too," he echoed.

And with that, Camila was off to work for the day. Shawn laid in bed for only a few more minutes before deciding to get up and face the day. He didn't have to go into work until 10 but he did still need to get both him and Maggie ready for the day and drop the little girl off at his parents' house.

He let Maggie pick out her own outfit, which meant she left the house wearing a pair of bright pink jeans with a little lavender tutu over it and a Tinkerbell t-shirt. She completed the outfit with her favorite little white velcro tennis shoes and the fairy wings that Camila had gotten her for her birthday. Shawn put her hair into two pigtails and they were ready to go.

He was actually pretty impressed with himself. They were making good time this morning. He might even have time to stop and get a coffee before going into work.

"There's my fairy princess!" Karen said happily as she opened the front door of her house to greet Shawn and Maggie.

"Here I am!" Shawn laughed. Karen snorted and rolled her eyes.