Lasagna at a Rich Man's House

Camila tapped her crimson-painted fingernails on the steering wheel as she pulled into the driveway of Robert's multi-million dollar mansion. Camila had suggested that they just go out to a restaurant in town but Shelby insisted that she come to Robert's for dinner instead. Apparently their private chef, Marco, makes an incredible lasagna. 

Camila got out of her car and walked to the grand front door. Just as she lifted her finger to ring the doorbell, Shelby opened the heavy oak door. 

"Hey girl hey!"

"Hi Shel." Camila stepped forward and wrapped her arms around the redhead in a hug. "Thanks for inviting me over."

"Oh, it was nothing. I mean what's the point of having a private chef if you don't put him to use every once in a while?"

"Speaking of...it smells delicious in here." The two girls stepped into the house together, making their way to the large and elegant formal dining room where the table was already set. "You didn't have to go all out, Shelby," Camila giggled. "It's just me."

"It's always like this," she shrugged. "And don't say 'it's just me' like you aren't the most important person! As far as I'm concerned, you're the most notable guest that'll ever step foot inside this house."

"I'm honored," Camila snorted. Just then, she heard the distinct sound of patent leather YSL oxfords tapping against the marble floors of the home.

"Camila!" Robert greeted. "So nice to see you again, dear." He gave her a friendly kiss on the cheek — something Camila had only experienced around the fanciest of people.

"It's wonderful to see you again too, Robert. Shelby hasn't stopped gushing about the engagement since you asked her. Congratulations again. I'm so happy for you two."

"Thank you." Robert stepped over to Shelby, placing his hand on the small of her back and looking down at her with a loving smile. "She's just made me so happy. I'd be crazy to not want to feel this way for the rest of my life." Shelby immediately blushed and as much as Camila hated to admit it, they were kind of cute together. "Now, why don't we sit? I've been craving Marco's lasagna ever since Shelby mentioned that that's what we were having."

The three sat down at one end of the grand table. Keeping on theme with the fanciness, Marco brought out their meals pre-plated. He set a plate at each of the three place settings, telling them to enjoy their meal before ducking away back into the kitchen. Camila picked up her fork and took a bite. Shelby was right — the lasagna was fucking great. 

"So, anything new and exciting happening with you?" Shelby asked. Now or never, Camila thought to herself.

"Well, actually...yes."

Shelby lifted an eyebrow in intrigue as she waited for Camila to continue. 

"You know how I had to end our call kind of abruptly earlier today?" Camila asked. Shelby nodded, taking another bite of her food. "Well...it was because I had an email from Leroy saying he needed to see me in his office."

"Leroy is the CEO, right?"

"Yes," Camila confirmed. 

"Did he fire you?"

"No no," Camila chuckled. "Quite the opposite, actually. He offered me a promotion."

"What? Mila that's so great! I'm so proud of you!" Shelby and Robert both seemed excited but Camila's smile was still subtle. "Why don't you seem excited?"

"The promotion is a great opportunity. It would make me an executive within LD Marketing and comes with a ton of great perks but...I would have to move."