Chapter 7- Love is...bitter the second time around

"Choi Jong-In..." I took another sip from my precious ramyeon. "I never knew I'd rival this punk. You were one of the characters that disappointed me greatly. If Shin-Ah had died that day, you're the most eligible one to take my place. Should I make you my foe...or an ally."

Tsktsktsk. Can't believe I had a crush on him when he first appeared in the manhwa. Why are the main characters dawning on me as if I'm the source of all this? Isn't it too much? The fact that the lead male is on to me and the comical relief friend is dead. This makes my head hurt. I slid the folder inside my knapsack and continued on my cup.

A cup of hot ramyeon is perfect for the cold weather. It also helps in calming my nerves down. The way the story's unravelling, it's really different from what I've read. The main story ended with a note that Sung Jin-Woo was happily married for 16 years, has a powerful son, and everyone was alive. Even Jin-Ho became a part of the family when he married Jin-Ah. Although that part was a bit off for me. Anyway, everyone was supposed to be safe. The side stories were full of flashbacks and not so important stories. I never heard of Choi Jong-In again. So this was his fate.

"You're here again, Shin-Ah unnie." I badly want to cry right now if it weren't for Shin-Ah's naturally cold demeanor, this body forbade it.

"Oh, Jin-Ah. It's you and..." An ant soldier. Where are the high orcs? "It's nice to see you again. Where's Song-Yi?"

"Oh, she's still paying for an energy bar." I followed her gaze to the store counter.

"I see." I went back to eating. Since it's just an ant soldier, I'm not getting nauseous. Maybe it's because I'm getting used to this level of shadows. I still feel its presence, though. Hm... Let's test for how long will I be able to maintain myself under this circumstance.

"The other day, my brother told me not to hang out with you anymore."

"Is that so?" Not that I care but I guess it will be safer this way.

"But I told him that you're a good person so I still want to be your friend, miss Shin-Ah." I did not react. "Because I believe in your sixth sense."

"Excuse me. What?"

"Earlier this morning, I told my family the advice you told me. I started thinking about it when my brother scolded me about you. I just retaliated using your advice. They were all confused at first, as much as I was, but I believed that you were indeed concerned with my well-being for you to give those advice."

I do care for you. Unlike your brother who thought by saying "everything's going to be fine," the trauma you had from the school's dungeon break will magically disappear. Like poof! Everything was fine with you again. Pshhh. Did you really recover after that? I doubt it.

"And as if a miracle just happened, Aeon tech called me again telling me I passed the interviews and will be working at Aeon tech as an intern next week. I think it's because of your sixth sense, Shin-Ah unnie. Song-Yi was also accepted."

"R-really?" It does not connect at all. But thanks to that, the high orcs are gone. It won't bother me anymore once these girls start working at Aeon tech. "I'm happy for you."

"Shin-Ah unnie, you really have corpse-like eyes. I don't mean it in a rude way but you just look like you've faced and survived death a couple of times. You should give yourself time to rest, unnie..."

She continued talking while my eyes were fixated to my reflection on the glass wall of the convenience store. A man is out there looking at this store. I wonder... I glanced at the ant soldier for a bit. It's reporting. Dang it!

"Jin-Ah, next month will be a busy month for the company." I cut her sentences. "There will be a new President of Aeon tech so it might get hard but do your best, okay?"