Chapter 13 - Marry me

A/N: Late UD but it's exam season so... 👉😞👈

~♠··♠~

"Stop!" I held out my hand towards the creature that looked like a gigantic dog. It's another memory of Lee Shin-Ah when she was nine.

The gigantic dog halted and its eyes shaped into confusion. I looked at the kid that was slumped on the ground with dirt on his entire body. He was being chased by this... creature.

"Leave him alone!" I shouted at the massive creature. It looked at the boy and after a few seconds, it turned around and ran away before disappearing into the shadows.

"Get up. It's gone." The kid finally stood up and brushed off some dirt on his clothes. It was totally useless but he did it anyway.

" Did you see that thing?"

"Of course, I did. I'm not blind." I turned my back on him because he was acting so weird. Maybe he was scared of the dog so much, he's spacing out.

"What's your name?" He walked beside me and kept up with my pace.

"It's late. You should go home. It's dangerous for kids to stay out late." I coldly responded. He didn't answer instead he threw the statement back at me.

"Why are you here then? Outside... So late at night?" I halted and looked at him. He got scared of the dog, the dog got scared of me, but this guy isn't?

He looked at me confidently with two of his hands hidden inside his pockets as if the chase earlier didn't happen. He's taller than me so I guess he's way older than me.

"I was looking for something." But I know what she's thinking. It's not a thing. It's someone.

" What is it? Maybe I can help you with it."

"It's none of your business. Why don't run along and go home? That same creature might hunt you again."

"You talk like an adult even though you're so small." He tried patting my head but I swatted it off.

I ignored him and continued walking. This time, even faster. But he's determined. He's got longer legs so it was easy for him to catch up. I lost control and stopped to face him. Without warning, I hoisted a dagger from my sling bag then pointed it back at the annoying kid.

"Who sent you, huh? Is it my father? Fuck off before I place a slit on your neck." I was getting pissed with this guy. Should I just beat him up? But I can sense Shin-Ah's entire body shaking. She can't make the kill, can she? 

The kid also looked alarmed after I exposed the dagger. He wasn't expecting a kid like me to pull out a weapon all of a sudden. He raised his hands up in the air still looking at the dagger.

"I just wanted to know your name." He spoke nonchalantly. Is he crazy? He should be crying in fear by now.

"I asked who sent you here? Where are the others hiding?"

"So that's why you weren't scared to see that creature earlier. I guess you're not scared of death as well." His eyes glisten but before I knew it, droplets of water started pouring in. He didn't waste time and grabs my hand to look for some roof to hide under. I instantly felt a hazy sensation in my head.

I blinked twice as I watched him drag me through the pouring rain. He was smiling, amused as if he just found a new play thing. He didn't bother the rain either. I wonder how all of a sudden, we can't find a place to stay. The dimly lit street became longer and I can almost hear soft melodies ringing in my ears. It's as if the neighborhood became a ghost town and were the only ones around.