Chapter 12 - Hell/o to you too!

NP: Play With Fire by Sam Tinnesz (This song has been stuck in my head for weeks now.)

~♠·☬†☬·♠~

"Lee Shin-Ah. Should've noticed it sooner."

Sung Jin-Woo looked at me with cold glares. What normal people don't see is that his eyes are emitting streaks of violet light. I've seen it in the novel and it means he's not in a friendly mood.

"Hello to you too." Shin-Ah can also be cold. Heck, even colder if I want to. I wasn't expecting him to personally be in contact with me. Especially on the day of my announcement as the LSY chairman.

In order for my father not take notice of this guy, I ordered my men to escort him to a private room where he can stay unbothered during the entire party. And yet this is how he greets me?

He placed his elbow on the hand-rest of the chair where he's comfortably lounging and rested his head over his fist. Like a king, he is. Then he glared at me as if obliging me to explain myself. Pshh, as if!

But I have to make this short. It's not just his mana this time but also his intentions of killing me.

"Did you do it on purpose?"

"What? Us crossing each other's paths several times? Nah." I sat on the opposite chair. The servants came in to deliver some jasmine tea. "I think it was fate. Care for some tea?"

I don't know if it's the drug or Lee Shin-Ah that's keeping me composed all of a sudden when just seconds ago, my knees were shaking so bad knowing he's inside this room.

"I don't have time for your petty tricks and roundabouts, Lee Shin-Ah. Tell me what do you plan to do with me?"  

I took a sip of tea first. It's really overwhelming, I have to control the flow of my blood, calm my heart down, and rest my head easy.

"I don't have anything in mind, actually. As far as I'm concerned, I don't have business with you. You came here on your own accord." Let's see who bustles steam first. "So let me ask you the question. What do you plan to do with me? Surely, you're not here to congratulate me. Almost everyone here hates me."

"I wanted you and your father to surrender. If you do, you'll face trial. But I'm sure you'll end up in jail. You were a hard one to catch so I figured I might just handle you my way."

He means he wants to trap me in his world and feed me to his shadows. What a loser. Just because he does not have any authority as a human to take me and put me behind bars, he'll resort to this. Come to think of it, is this his world?

If it is, then I'm in another level of danger.

"I work separately from my father. I became the newest chairman just a few minutes ago and indeed I am his child by blood. But do you actually think family can be mixed with business?" 

I leaned back on my seat. It's getting heavier and heavier here. I crossed my legs and placed both of my hands on my lap.

"I heard what happened to your co-worker. He died while investigating LSY? Before that, you were already on the case. Even if you lack evidence, surely my name was never found during your investigations. I was simply never involved in any malicious conduct my father or brother committed."

C'mon, just take that and let me leave. Because I'm really not liking what I'm seeing. Unfortunately, mentioning Jin-Ho was not helpful...at all.

"Isn't that all the more reason to suspect you? Where were you hiding all this time? What were you doing? And even if you never did the things your family did, you being silent about it is part of the problem."