Chapter 35 - I like Cakes

"Jong-In."

"What the fuck did you do?" He's more aggravated than I am. Tsk.

"Something in character." I'm actually lucky that I wasn't hit even once. "I killed my grandfather."

"Will that person be coming here as well?" He's probably talking about Jin-Woo.

"I don't know." I looked back at Jin-Ah who was still shaking. We were still trapped in the lobby of the building. Gunfire keeps shaking the glass walls here and there. "Jin-Ah. You're safe now. No one's going to hurt you. We'll protect you; I promise."

"A-Ah." She hesitantly nods. Her brother might be in this line of work but certainly she's never been in this kind of situation before.

"It's actually extended to the downtown areas." Great. I didn't know Zhigang was here as well.

"What are you doing here?"

"Business partners." He just responded briefly as he took his glasses off. It looked like he was enjoying the fight, though. I took another bullet proof vest and was ready to get into the fight as well.

"You're not joining." Jong-In held me by the collar and pulled me back.

"The queen runs the game. You should stay here. More will be coming."

"Well, I don't want to just sit around and let you guys handle the fight."

"Someone even bigger is coming. You should save your energy until then."

"You also had suspicions about that guy?" Jong-in tapped Zhigang's shoulder. It seems that they're discussing about someone whom I haven't encountered before.

"It could be rare that someone in this timeline would remember everything that has happened in the past. But that man has achieved a lot of recognition all over the world. That aura of his... it's not human."

Jong-In sighed.

"I'm trusting you with that one."

"Don't worry, my men are on their way."

And so they decided to leave me out of the conversation and just marched towards the entrance of the building to join in the fun. I saw Fabian loading his guns as well.

"No, you are not coming with." He said and then followed Jong-In and Zhigang. The skin under my eye twitched a bit. I know I'm not the main character, but I have skills too, you know.

"Anyway, I'll just keep guard on Jin-Ah." I whispered to myself.

"Jin-Ah!" I turned around to see that Dain had already pulled Jin-Ah down to dodge the bullets from armed men who had just spawned from the back of the reception desk.

"Shit." I fired at them but they only kept coming. Plus, they were in suits and body armor, which made it hard for our bullets to penetrate. "Dain, Jin-Ah! Run!"

The two of them rushed towards me but not without Jin-Ah taking a hit on her lower ankle.

"Agh!" She screamed in pure agony. Dain had to drag her across the floor while sweating so hard. I ran towards them to give them some cover while the other security members rained bullets on the other party. They really weren't budging.

"Ahhh!" I heard a scream from outside. But before I could even turn my back to see what was going on outside, a vehicle came flying into the lobby crashing into the reception wall.

Glass shattered on both sides of the lobby and a familiar scene unfolded right before me. Dark shadow knights surrounded the building. It's not just the building but it's probably the entire city right now. I looked outside and the shadow army started demolishing the vehicles and getting people out of the way to make a clear path to the building entrance.