Chapter 29 - I finally said it...

"Haissttt!"

I still didn't feel like going to the LSY building today because I didn't want to leave Jin-Woo even though my grandfather can handle him all by himself.

I yawned for a bit. It's only 1:23 in the afternoon. Because I had to take all my work home, I had to stay in the office the entire time. Kind of beats the purpose of why I'm not leaving the house.

I only saw Jin-Woo this morning while having breakfast. He was still in his child form. I badly wanted to cry earlier. I'm dead if my father finds out what I just did. I need him and his brigade of shadow army to protect me from my father. (⁠┛⁠◉⁠Д⁠◉⁠)⁠┛⁠彡⁠┻⁠━⁠┻

"Shin-ah." Fabian called.

"Yes?"

"This morning, Choi Jong-In made a call. He has contacted various organizations abroad to take care of the Mamushi group."

"Ah. I bet it's from Zhigang. Tsk. Good for them, they have their lives together." Since my Baekho group is still recovering, my protector is unable to maintain proper manners at this time. I leaned back on my seat and massaged the sides of my forehead. "I can't possibly hold it for that long. My father's going to attack soon."

"And about Jin-Woo. I've sent the records of the company transactions to both Mr. Choi and Suk Young. Your brother was against it, collaborating with the police."

"Tell him we won't have any problems with Jin-Woo for a while." He looked like he was about to ask something but just nodded anyway.

"The operation in the laboratory is going well, by the way." I fixed my posture almost instantaneously.

"I'm free?"

"They destroyed the computers safely but that does not guarantee that you're out of the waters yet." I slouched back to my seat.

"Well that's better than nothing." We heard a knock at the door. "Come in."

"Shin-ah." Ah. It was just Jin-Woo. Holding a tray of a food. He looks concerned that I haven't had lunch.

"I scoured the Earth for any information about that boy. Looking at him now, his appearance reminds me of someone."

Rather than competing with Fabian's gaze like he usually does, Jin-Woo was just staring right at me. He carefully placed the tray on my oak table.

"Thank you...?"

Maybe I could take a little break. But why is he not leaving? Does he need me to tell him that?

"I still have a meeting with a few investors. I'll be on my way." Fabian bowed and left me alone with the boy.

I mean it's sweet that he's making such efforts. But I really am trying to stay away from the temptations of evil. He just looks so vulnerable and docile that my green-minded soul just wants to devour him whole. Because look at that. He's holding his other elbow and his posture is too stiff. It's like he's one of those biblically inaccurate angels that had fallen from heaven. He's so adorable, it makes me wanna punch myself for even thinking that.

"You've eaten lunch already?"

"Y-yeah." Hm, did he grow an inch taller? Wait a minute. He's turning back to his normal self. He still looks scrawny, though. Nah. Improvement is an improvement.

"Sit down." He looked a bit surprised but delighted to drag a chair and sit beside the table, making sure he's giving me space. "Do you not remember anything yet?"

He shook his head.

"Your name?"

"You call me Jin-Woo." Seriously, that's all he knows?