Chapter 30 - Confused Once Again

"I'll pick up some paperwork in the office."

"Okay." I couldn't take my eyes off of Jin-Woo who was still asleep. It's already 8 in the morning but he still hasn't woken up since last night at the rooftop.

Fabian was able to help me get him down. I only called his parents last night and said what happened was just a misunderstanding. I still think it wasn't enough, though.

I brushed his hair to the side so it won't be obstructing his face. Unlike the first time he came to me in this form, his fever wasn't that high anymore. I kept thinking about what happened last night. I know I should be skeptical whether the Jin-Woo yesterday had the awareness of the original Jin-Woo. Or did he just force some magic in him to turn into the Jin-Woo that I wanted but without his past memories?

I sighed. It hurts my brain thinking about it too much.

It doesn't even matter since I already confessed and accepted my own feelings towards him. When he comes back to normal, it's up to him whatever he'll do about it. The door opened and my grandfather went inside. He's been a huge help with taking care of Jin-Woo for me. I'm still worried with the fact that he may not be able to get back to his original state if this goes on.

He needs to regain a lot of energy first before going back to normal. Yet he rushed it just so I could admit my own feelings.

"I'll personally meet with his family. Please watch over him for me." I was about to stand up when I felt dizzy all of a sudden that I had to grab unto the nightstand for support. My grandfather quickly assisted me to not fall.

"I think you should rest first." I shook my head as I gazed upon Jin-Woo's face, who was still peacefully sleeping.

"I'm still undecided. So instead of waiting here, I should just go and do something else."

I walked out the door with a more stable stance. Though, I don't know for how long it will last. I knew I wasn't in the right state to drive so I took Eunsoo with me.

"M'lady, I placed the fruit basket on the backseat." Eunsoo went to the driver's seat. I entered the car as well. We had to visit the Sung family first before anything else. I'm sure the pile of work that Fabian will deliver later will distract me from all of this. "You can try sleeping while I drive, M'lady."

"Then, please. Drive well." I dozed off in the backseat of the car. I haven't slept yet because I spent all night taking care of Jin-Woo. Overthinking that his feelings won't last forever. I never had any problems with romance before. Must be why the effect on me is that great.

Upon arriving at the apartment complex, Kyung-Hye was the one who opened the door.

"I'm sorry, I caused you trouble." She doesn't look like her calm and sophisticated self. This is all my fault. "I brought a gift for your family. As an apology for the misunderstanding."

"Come in." She didn't even wait for me. Is she mad at me? She should be.

Jin-Ah and Il-Hwan must be off to school and work. It feels even more awkward without them. I glanced outside the window and thought that it might rain anytime soon. The fruit basket was just sitting there at the dining table. I only planned to deliver my apologies and leave. Why did I accept her invitation to enter the house?

She came back in with a tray of orange juice and sat on the other couch. I couldn't even bring myself to take the glass of juice.

"Be honest with me. Where is he?" I felt a sting on my chest with that question. I've lied countless times my entire life but why do I feel so nervous now?

"He's spending most of his time working. He bought a small house so he can focus on his work there--"

"We both know that's a lie." I gulped. Is this what they call a mother's instinct? But I can't tell her the truth or else she might go bonkers over the fact that her son had magical powers and now that he's drained, he's gone into a child's form and is sick.