Chapter 10 - An Enemy or a Friend

~♠·☬†☬·♠~
A/N: Forgot to post an update this week. Btw, thank you for all the votes and comments. Never expected to have this much reads too so thank you thank you thank you so much💕

I only intended to post this fanfic on watty to have a back up file if ever my phone does crazy things again like deleting my files. I never really thought this would even reach 100 reads.😅

Anyway. Here's this week's update. Choi Jong-In is making an appearance btw. Ciao!

~♠·☬†☬·♠~

It's been five days since Ojiisan got out of the hospital. As soon as I told him he'll be staying with me, I asked Fabian and the other maids to find a decent place for us to live in. I don't want those pesky assassins to bother my grandfather.

Right now, we're still unpacking a couple of boxes. I looked at my grandfather who was staring outside the window. The house was simple just like the one I had previously. It had two floors consisting of four rooms and an annex just behind the house. Somehow, this reminded me of a Japanese house. 

"We have a small pond in the gardens." I caught his attention. "You can look at the fishes that are swimming there."

"I'm fine just looking at the flowers from here." He looked at me from head to toe. "You're going somewhere?"

Ah right. I was wearing a pair of faded jeans and a sweater for a top tucked in. My hair was also cleanly tied into a bun and hanging on my shoulder was a simple sling bag - which actually costs a lot. It's much more expensive than it looks. Haist. The joy of Yoon Shin-ah.

"Yep. I'm heading out with a couple of friends to celebrate my promotion." His gaze lowered a bit. I don't think he agrees with my new position in the company. 

"Will you be coming home late?"

"Hm... I'm afraid so." He's still worried about me. Fabian told him everything that has happened and my current situation as a target of multiple enemies including the members of the board. Now that we have transferred to a new neighborhood, I think our lives will be a little bit more peaceful than it was before. 

"M'lady!" Jeuda came in running and panting, she almost slipped. 

Jeuda was an orphan that Lee Shin-Ah and Fabian found lying on the streets, sick and feeble. She's seven years younger than me but she's far more skilled in combat than her master.  I remember Shin-Ah staring down at Jeuda with her cold gaze and ordering Fabian to take her home, feed her, and be given proper clothing. I just don't remember when she started learning how to fight.

"That's a..." Her eyes were glistening as she smiled from ear to ear. My eyes slowly went down to what she was holding. "A cat."

"Hm!" She nodded still with her eyes shining like diamonds. She wants the cat, doesn't she? 

"The youth and their energy..." Ojiisan shook his head before tapping my shoulder. "Don't stay out so late."

I followed him with my gaze as he walked up the stairs to his room, I suppose. When he was out of sight, I looked back at Jeuda who's still determined to convince me on letting the cat stay. It's chubby and it's orange. It doesn't have a collar so I think it's safe to say that this cat is a feral. Jeuda must've seen her younger self on the cat. 

"Let's keep her, M'lady. M'lady won't be lonely anymore if the cat stays." My eyes widened. She was thinking about me when she picked up the cat? My heart fluttered. Maybe Shin-Ah treated this child as a younger sister than just a mere maid.