Chapter 8- Go Gun Hee is still alive!

~♠·☬†☬·♠~

Author's note: 

I actually don't know what to write this week so I had this. Huehue. My last two brain cells gave up on me, I'm sorry. But Chairman Go is just my fave character on SL so I said to myself: "I have to put him somewhere near my main character!" Iz all.

Enjoy reading. (I hope)

~♠·☬†☬·♠~

"Shin-Ah." It's Yoon-Ho.

"Yoon-Ho nim. Any news?" In the past few days, I have been waiting for his call not just for updates about Beauwan but to also hear if he had found Chairman Go Gunhee. Interestingly...

"We found him." There's a fine weight on my chest that appeared all of a sudden. I'm nervous. I don't know if the Chairman is alive and well or in the brinks of passing. "Shin-Ah."

"Yes, Yoon-Ho nim," my voice full of anticipation. "Is he still...alive?"

"Yes, he is." My heart lifted in joy.

"Is that so? Where can I find him?" He gave me the entire details of his whereabouts, the hospital he's currently staying at and the unfortunate status of his health. I knew it. He's not well.

"Now that you've witnessed our strength in gathering information and finding people, what are your plans?" Oh. He also got that part. Well, I expect nothing less from Baek Yoon-Ho.

"The next step is to figure out where the Beauwan gang is manufacturing their supply of drugs. I have a man named Fabian. I'll ask him to set up a meeting with you. He has a key lead on the location of that facility. If we're lucky, on the day of my official announcement, I'll be able to persuade the cops to assist you once the attack begins."

"And the children?"

"I suspect that they are kept in another area. I'll leave it to you and your team to figure that out before the ceremony."

"Understood."

"Thank you, Yoon Ho-nim. I'll trust you 'til the end."

"It's too early for that, Shin-Ah. I'll be present on the day of the ceremony. Don't disappoint." I smirked at the other end before finally putting the phone down. I'll just work on the remaining files later. Sigh. Why am I so lazy when it comes to paperwork? After the call, I went back to my table and packed my bag.

"You're going home early?" Jihoon asked.

"Yeah. I have to meet someone important."

"Oh."

"Shin-Ah!" I flinched but before Miss Goh could even see my petite figure, all the men from the marketing department had already blocked her vision with very suspicious poses. I heard Miss Goh cough. "I know she's here."

My coworkers slowly stepped away from the commotion. I even heard someone cough as if pleading innocence. These guys... I shook my head. This must be the reason why I refused to stay at the president's office. It is huge but it's lonely being locked up inside that room. Plus, it's so quiet in there, I can almost hear the ants chatter.

"Miss Goh." I have my bag behind me already. "Now's not the perfect time. I have a meeting with someone. You always tell me not to be late, right?"

She sighed again. She keeps sighing these days and unfortunately, it's because of me.

"Shin-Ah. You can't just leave your office like that. Once you're officially the president, what will happen if clients start coming in here?"

"I'll just run to the office and meet them. It's not that far—"