Chapter 20.2 - Wonderland of Monsters

~♠·☬†☬·♠~

I don't think this one is a memory... 

"Hello?" I called out to the extreme darkness caving my surroundings. Lee Shin-Ah couldn't possibly have wondered off a cave, right?

It's probably one of those times where I'm able to communicate with the original owner of this body.

"Is anyone there-- Oof!" A sudden surge of cold breeze sweeps through my entire soul. I cooed and hugged myself. Why is it so cold?

"You're back." I turned around to see a man with long red hair and glowing eyes. He looks and feels familiar but I don't exactly know who.

"Who are you?"

"You found your way back to the gate without knowing who's the person at the other end of the call?" Somehow I'm not sure what language he's using but I'm still able to discern every meaning of it.

"I'm not sure where I am."

"You..." He tried touching me but I evaded. "It's faint but I can still feel it. Come, follow me."

I feel safe and scared at the same time. I'm certain this man won't hurt me but I'm also scared of what I might witness at the end of this walk.

I was getting a little creeped out by the surroundings. The dark ain't scary, the things that might be lurking within it is. I ran towards the tall and mysterious man to hold his hand. He's walking a  bit too fast that I needed to grab  his hand and keep up. He was a bit startled so he stopped momentarily to check on me.

"You're not who you're used to be." His gaze went dark and it got me scared . I slowly let his hand go but he caught it again and started walking forward. It was just then that I noticed my hands were tiny.

Eh? Tiny kid's hands. 

"W-Where are we going?" I asked in a shaky voice. Now I know this is a memory. For a moment there, I thought that I was in control with my own thoughts and actions while I'm inside this world but that was just because Lee Shin-Ah's thoughts and mine are in sync.

But those words just now, I wasn't thinking about it all. 

It scares me sometimes. Being too attached to her feels like I'm turning into Lee Shin-Ah. Sometimes I would even find myself asking what I looked like back in the real world. To feel and think the way she does, is scary. 

"In a world you spent aeon creating."

A world I created? Does Shin-Ah have a dissociative disorder that I didn't know about? And at an early age, at that. Man, what should I know? Let's just get over this and wake up. I still need to worry about my schedule for tomorrow so I can finally have a three day break. 

"This world you speak of, is it the world with the monsters inside it?" 

Monsters?  I'm thinking of one's demons that she locked up in one part of her brain. That's how the defense mechanism of a dissociating person's brain works, right? She's been exposed to such traumatic events in her life, it sickens me to ever think that this much is normal for a kid like her.