We're still awkward | Chapter 15 |

Y/n's POV

I was laying on my bed when I heard a knock on bedroom door.

"You can come in."

I heard the doorknob move and saw that my uncle Ken walked in.

"Um...hey kid, I'm going to the grocery store, do you want anything?" He said awkwardly.

My uncle and I have been living together ever since my grandma died. My grandma took me in after my mom died, but not that many years later she would pass away too. Since my grandma died, he had to take me since that was the only family I had left.

He had to take me in when he just turned 20 years old. He had no experience with kids, so growing up was not the best experience.

Everyone thinks he's my dad and even though they're wrong, I don't want to explain everything to them.

You'd think after all these years we wouldn't be awkward around each other.

We don't have a close relationship, we've tried to bond, but there's always something stopping us.

"Yeah, can you buy popcorn for later, I want to watch a movie with you so I can get to know you. I mean we've been living together for years and we're still awkward around each other." I said sitting up on my bed and looking at him.

"I mean I'm not busy today so I guess we can." He said scratching the back of his neck.

We just stared at each other for a couple of seconds, "I'll just go now-"

"Yeah- go ahead."

After he left, I fell back onto the bed, Really Y/n?! "Go ahead" that makes it seem like-

Before I could finish getting mad at myself, I heard a knock at the door.

Did he forget his keys again?

I opened the window and looked outside.

It was Marinette, "Oh, it's just you."

End of chapter

Author's note: I thought I should introduce him to the story now since the interesting stuff is coming soon. Anyways, how's life? I apologize any grammar mistakes. And finally, thank you so much for 20k reads, I love you guys and don't forget to have a good day/night!<3