The Past | Chapter 20 | Pt. 1

Three years ago

You and Lila were sleeping together on your bed while holding each other close, when suddenly you heard a phone ring. It was yours so you picked it up.

"Hello-"

"Y/n! Where are you?!" your friend Karmen basically yelled in panic.

Karmen was one of the people that you first met when you moved to London, they were also your first friend that you made there. The reason they were panicking right now was because you two were supposed to meet before school started so you could be the first ones to buy tickets for the dance that your school was having.

"Oh shit-! I forgot we were going to school earlier so we could buy the tickets, I'll be there in like- five to ten minutes!"

Lila woke up because of how loud you were, "Y/n, what are you doing?" she rubbed her eyes since she just woke up.

"Oh, nothing much- I'm just getting ready for school," you said smiling at her.

Lila got her phone from her pocket and checked the time, "But sweetie, the school doesn't open yet."

"I know, it's just that Karmen wants us to be early so we can buy tickets for the dance."

She chuckled, "Classic Karmen, always wanting to be early to everything." It was true, Karmen always wanted to be early to everything, they were always paranoid about being late.

Once you finished getting ready, you walked towards the door about to open it, but Lila stopped you.

"Can you wait for me? I'm sure Karmen won't be that angry at us for being a little late."

You nodded your head and smiled at her, "Sure, I'll wait outside."

It wasn't long before Lila walked out of your house, "Let's go," she said while grabbing your hand.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"You guys are finally here! I've been waiting for over half an hour!" Karmen yelled out in frustration.

"Calm down, the school barely opened, I bet we're the first ones," you tried reassuring them.

You three walked inside, there was a bunch of people in line for tickets.

"Karmen, why didn't you go inside once you saw people walking inside the school?!" Lila yelled in frustration.

"Calm down! How was I supposed to know they were going to use the other entrance!" Karmen tried defending themselves.

"Of course they were going to use that entrance! It's the one that's closer to where they're selling tickets!" Lila argued.

"Well-!" Karmen was interrupted by your phone ringing.

"Hey! You two are going to stop arguing and are going to get in line while I take this phone call! Understood?" They both nodded their heads because they knew you were annoyed, and when you're annoyed they knew they shouldn't mess with you.

You walked outside the school and answered your phone.

"Hello?" you told the person who was calling you.

"Hey kid," you immediately recognized the familiar voice and knew it was your uncle, "I was wondering when you wanted to visit your mother. It's been a long time since you last visited her, I'm sure my sister misses you."

You don't know why he brought up your mother out of nowhere, he never talks about her. Even when someone brings her up, he just ignores it and changes the topic. You wondered if he even cared about her.

"I don't-" you were interrupted by the noise of someone yelling out in pain, "Uh... I got to go!" You hung up immediately and ran to where the noise was coming from.

When you got there you saw three people surrounding someone. That someone was on the ground, blood dripping from their nose.

You quickly walked towards them and turned the person in the middle towards you by the shoulder,

"What's your problem!?"

End of chapter

Author's note: This is when you'll learn more about Y/n's past. Also, if you were wondering, they're in middle school at this time. Another thing, Karmen goes by they/them pronouns! Anyways, I apologize for the short chapter and any grammar mistakes. Finally, don't forget to have a good day/night!<3