12 (part one)

Vicky West

I soon realized that my tolerance to alcohol was nothing compared to Red's. Being drunk was a weird situation for me, I almost became more cautious about what I was saying for fear I would say something stupid. Harry's presence only made things worse for me - I thought I had made myself clear when I told him I needed space. 

Now here we were, not two feet from each other, my eyes locked on his incredible jade orbs. We continued to stare at each other, butterflies settling into my stomach, before Louis broke the tension.

"Since I'm the lucky man, I choose to let you join my bachelor party," Louis explained drunkenly. He pointed his finger at me, smirking quickly before turning to Red. "You, both," He slurred. "Are going to join us whether you like it or not."

Red squealed in excitement - obviously thrilled that she had something to do tonight - so I really had no choice in the matter. I knew she wanted to forget Zayn, but I didn't think this was the proper way to go about it. Who was I to judge though, the only reason I was here was to forget about Harry and all the problems that plagued me; look how that turned out. 

I was confused about whether I actually wanted to be here or not; on one hand I got to hang out with Liam, who was sweet and gentle, but on the other hand I had to put up with Harry and his constant staring.

I had taken a place next to Liam as we slowly made our way to the club. Red walked slightly ahead with the other boys, her arm was slung around Louis as they wobbled down the street, laughing obnoxiously at each other. 

I wanted to be up there, with Red, laughing like I had no care in the world, but yet I found myself walking in the back with a guy I wasn't sure I would ever be able to give myself to. Harry walked in front of everyone, almost like he was our leader.

"How was your day?" Liam asked me, pulling me out of my daydream.

"Rough, but manageable. We had costume fitting at the club, and it was a bit overwhelming. Nothing too exciting, how was yours?'' I would do anything to avoid reliving the events of today.

Liam placed his hands in his pockets as we walked side by side. "Good enough to hate it," He chuckled, and I looked at him in confusion. "My dad let me have it today, he says I need to be more devoted to the gallery. So going out tonight is a nice reprieve, but it'll be the same thing all over again tomorrow."

"Then don't,''

"Don't what? Go to the gallery tomorrow? I know it's complicated, and you might not understand it, but I don't have much of a choice." Liam shrugged his shoulders in reply.

"You think there is, but there that's not true. I'm sure there are a lot of people who would want to take over the gallery when your father retires. He can't make you do something you hate; he can't make you do anything. I know you think you'll just deal with it, that after a while you'll start to enjoy it, but you won't. If anything, it will get worse. You're planning to spend your life doing something you hate to make someone else happy, and eventually you'll resent your father for it. I think it's honourable to try to make your father happy, but not if you're sacrificing your happiness and what you want.'' I stated, surprised that I could be so philosophical in my inebriated state.

"They won't support me,'' He breathed out, and broke eye-contact.

"Liam,'' I pleaded, my hand reaching up to grasp his bicep. The gentle contact made him turn to look at me. "They're your parents, they should understand and support you, and if they don't, so be it. You can't spend your life trying to make other people happy. Carpe diem, Liam. It's your life, seize it.''

Liam halted on the sidewalk, looking confused for a moment. There was this look on his face, as though he had an epiphany; as if I had said that words that made it all make sense for him. I fidgeted with my fingers, unsure of what to do, but Liam moved closer and grasped one of my hands. His right hand held my face, his thumb gliding softly over my flushed cheek; my breath caught in my throat when he leaned in.

"This is only the third time I've met you,'' He breathed out against my lips, he looked almost confused that we had only known each other for such a short time. "What are you doing to me?''

"I-I don't kn-"

...

VOTE AND COMMENT.

p.s. i am better, but now i have exams aka life fucks us all.

p.s.s. damn zayn why did you leave boy

xo lay)