33

please vote before reading and comment while you're reading, so I can experience your thoughts again! That was pretty cool to do. x

----

Vicky West

He stared at me with so much pain is his eyes that I felt embarrassed for never telling him. My heart was racing exceedingly fast, and I couldn't get a grip on what just happened. My father had never been someone to tell stories about me; stories that are exceptionally private. But now he did, because he knew Harry loved me in a way no one ever did. He knew I'd never say it myself.

''Harry,'' I breathed. But I didn't know what I could say to him. I knew that this engagement was in the past and the guy was entirely out of my life, but I understood Harry felt as if I hadn't trusted him enough. The way he kept looking at me, only made me feel worse about myself. I broke our eye-contact, since it was too heavy to look at him right now. My hands struggled with the hem of my shirt.

''I was never going to tell you about it.'' I said genuinely.

''Why not?'' He directly asked after the words left my mouth

''Why not?'' He directly asked after the words left my mouth. I heard the damage I had done to him in his voice. He was fragile and befuddled this happened years ago. Even so, I knew that telling him it happened in the past wouldn't make up the fact I kept this to myself.

''I didn't think it was necessary to tell you,'' I told him. ''That guy has had a gigantic influence on my life, Harry. I was too naïve to let him go, and when he proposed to me the only thing that I could say was yes.'' I added immediately. ''I was mercilessly infatuated with him I couldn't let go.''

''B-but why did you n-never tell me about it?'' He stuttered.

''I didn't assume you would be thrilled to hear that,'' I stated. '' I was afraid of you going insane, if I would tell you this.'' I stood up and started walking back and forth in the room. ''If you were wondering, I haven't seen him since I called everything off.'' The tears were making my vision blurry, but I made sure I wouldn't give in to the tears I was holding back. ''I'm glad I never married him, Harry.''

''Did he make you happy?'' Harry asked.

''He did,'' I spoke. ''Well, sometimes,'' I added hastily. ''He didn't care so much about me, but he wanted to claim me in every way that was possible.'' I folded my arms and rested with my back against the wall. My head was pressed against the wall and eyes were closed firmly. ''I once told you that I've been with two guys before you. However, I never said something about number three, because I demanded myself to never remind myself of him.''

I sighed heavily. ''I know he wasn't good enough for me. Everyone warned me for marrying him. Like I said, I was too head-over-heels to let him go. I thought he was capable of making me happy. Making me one lucky girl, but he was beyond selfish.''

Harry was still sitting on our bed and he listened precisely to whatever I had to say. ''I was caught up in my imagination that I had forgotten what reality looked like.'' I said.